Spies On The Buffallo

tndad

Got a question.
My adult neice and others have told me that while floating the Buffallo River they have seen people photographed, given citation for things like no floatation jacket/under a certain age, comsumption of beer on the river etc.
What's up? The river is not a state park and when did canoes become motorized vehicles requirering life jackets.

stik

tndad said:
Got a question.
My adult neice and others have told me that while floating the Buffallo River they have seen people photographed, given citation for things like no floatation jacket/under a certain age, comsumption of beer on the river etc.
What's up? The river is not a state park and when did canoes become motorized vehicles requirering life jackets.

life jackets have always been required for ANY watercraft on public waters.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Why not just take a walmart sack with you, crush the cans and take them out with you?
That sounds better than sinking them. :(

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
There is a difference between PFD and life vest. The PFD has been required for as long as I can remenber. A floating seat cushion was acceptable when I canoed regularly. I always wore a vest and sat on my cushion.I've seen to many flip over on people unexpectedly.
Check on the TWRA forum for the official legal answer of what is required now??.

Voldeerfan

2-Step Enabled
At the Buffalo River, you are required to have a garbage bag/sack in each boat. We had what was really a 20# potato bag, the plastic mesh. I don't remember people doing that the time we floated the river. In fact, we never saw the first ranger/LEO except at take out.

BTW, the Buffalo River area is not a state park. But it is a National Park. The first National Park River.

Boone 58

Two game wardens with binos stand at the edge of the creek...of "shoal".....and as the canoer's come around the bend of the creek 100 yds up watch for fishing and proper flotation devices...we watched them on the 4th write numerous tickets for violations....of both on my father in laws piece of property next to it....They have been doing it for weeks now.

Polecat

Now are they looking to see if each vessel, ie... canoe- jon boat has one for each occupant or if the occupant is actually wearing it. Can you have a designated paddler if you've been drinking? just kidding....

Latest posts