speaking of sinking a bush...

catman529

remember in my other post about crappie.... The lake in the city park where I wanted to sink a bush but decided otherwise.

well I just walked by the lake on my way to do a little shed hunting. Someone else sank a bush right by the inflow of the spring feeding the lake. :D

Jon

catman529 said:
remember in my other post about crappie.... The lake in the city park where I wanted to sink a bush but decided otherwise.

well I just walked by the lake on my way to do a little shed hunting. Someone else sank a bush right by the inflow of the spring feeding the lake. :D
I thought you said something else.... :grin:

catman529

it's pretty obvious there and maybe I'll try and catch a crappie but won't be eating any. recycled water and "catch and release only" signs don't make good eating fish.

jb3

not sure if you want to make the drive but montgomery bell has some decent crappie, but better yet is this time of year you can catch some pretty good largemouth.

catman529

I can catch largemouth any time of the year almost but are they spawning yet? I remember them doing that sometime like april or may...but it's been too long. Where on montgomery bell is there good fishing?

jb3

they all three have pretty good fishing. one of the three lakes has a slot limit on largemouth, can't remember which one.

there was an article in the tennessean a few years ago about a man that was catching largemouth in the 8 lb range. water is very clear there.

Latest posts