Son has one tag left......great two days

Plateau Hunter

It's been two good mornings hunting turkeys in deer hunting weather. We actually slept in yesterday morning as my back has been hurting me all week and left the house around 7:45. We got on a group with about 10 hens, a couple of jakes, and a gobbler. The gobbler and jake were squaring off. They were above us and hard to see which one was which. They looked our way, and he shot one. It ended up being the jake. He was still pretty excited and not too disappointed as my back is not allowing us to hunt some of our spots right now due to terrain. We didn't weigh it but had a 4" beard. He stomped what tail feathers it had out trying to get his foot on its head. Poor thing looked pitiful, lol.
View attachment 133028

This morning we got set up a few minutes before daylight on the edge of a field. We didn't hear any gobbling close. About 30 mins after daylight, he looked left in the woods and said don't move I see a turkey. He then said it's a longbeard and grabbed his gun as it went behind a tree. It was coming in silent by himself. It got to about 30 yards, and he rolled him. This one was a good one.

22 lbs 6 oz
9.75" beard
7/8" spurs

Probably the prettiest pictures that I've ever took with a bird as the sun rose over the trees. Very blessed to have a son that's ate up with it.

View attachment 133031

View attachment 133032

View attachment 133034

View attachment 133033
Congratulations to the young hunter and Dad too!!!