Son has one tag left......great two days

TN Larry

It's been two good mornings hunting turkeys in deer hunting weather. We actually slept in yesterday morning as my back has been hurting me all week and left the house around 7:45. We got on a group with about 10 hens, a couple of jakes, and a gobbler. The gobbler and jake were squaring off. They were above us and hard to see which one was which. They looked our way, and he shot one. It ended up being the jake. He was still pretty excited and not too disappointed as my back is not allowing us to hunt some of our spots right now due to terrain. We didn't weigh it but had a 4" beard. He stomped what tail feathers it had out trying to get his foot on its head. Poor thing looked pitiful, lol.
20220326_082434.jpg

This morning we got set up a few minutes before daylight on the edge of a field. We didn't hear any gobbling close. About 30 mins after daylight, he looked left in the woods and said don't move I see a turkey. He then said it's a longbeard and grabbed his gun as it went behind a tree. It was coming in silent by himself. It got to about 30 yards, and he rolled him. This one was a good one.

22 lbs 6 oz
9.75" beard
7/8" spurs

Probably the prettiest pictures that I've ever took with a bird as the sun rose over the trees. Very blessed to have a son that's ate up with it.

20220327_064811.jpg

20220327_065149.jpg

20220327_064712.jpg

20220327_064431.jpg

TN Larry

Awesome weekend. Congrats to him! How old is he now? Pretty cool to watch him grow up along with many others from being on this site.
He's 14 and taller than me now. He's probably 6'2". They sure grow up fast. I'm just tickled with his maturity in the woods. He spotted the bird this morning and told me not to move. He moved his gun as it went behind a tree. I only saw a glimpse of it before he shot. I wanted to look so bad but didn't wanna spook the bird. Couldn't be much prouder.

Latest posts