Son’s First Bow Buck

Cheshire

My son has being playing cat and mouse with a couple bucks for the past few days. He's hunted every day since Saturday and let some does and small bucks walk trying to kill a decent buck. He got a ride home from school this afternoon from his nana and headed straight to the woods. This buck and a smaller 8pt were the first deer out this afternoon. He hit the deer square in the shoulder and knocked him down. He had to shoot him again as he was trying to get up. Upon field dressing, it's a good thing he did as the first shot didn't penetrate the cavity even though there was blood everywhere. It doesn't matter though as he's on the board with a nice 7pt. He called me as I was headed home from work tore all to pieces. There was no tracking required and drove the sxs right to him.

View attachment 150415

View attachment 150416

View attachment 150418
View attachment 150417
Congratulations

Speedwell-Hunter

Don't understand all this talk of scoring on all these threads. Lol it's getting a little silly. Anyway, that's a super nice buck. His smile says it all congratulations to y'all.
Volbuck77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777,

Why is it silly?

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage with other great hunters.
  • Remember there may be some error due to estimates.

Volbuck777

Volbuck77777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777777,

Why is it silly?

• I like to practice so when I am in the field I can estimate on the fly.
  • It is fun to see what folks are shooting and engage with other great hunters.
  • Remember there may be some error due to estimates.
Hey bud I said silly but it could actually be seen as disrespectful. Not saying you are, just saying it could be seen that way. Never go up and score a mans deer unless you're asked to do so. A simple congratulations will do just fine. Especially to a young hunter such as the op's son who is pictured. I'm sure it doesn't bother them to much, I've been around tndeer long enough to know that young man like his dad are deer slayers and have taken some trophies for any state. I understand what you are doing and it's fine but maybe should only do it when asked or go off your own deer. Go under tndeer trophy room and look at my photos of my bucks. Guess their score and I'll play the game with you. I have 7 or 8 in there.

Speedwell-Hunter

Hey bud I said silly but it could actually be seen as disrespectful. Not saying you are, just saying it could be seen that way. Never go up and score a mans deer unless you're asked to do so. A simple congratulations will do just fine. Especially to a young hunter such as the op's son who is pictured. I'm sure it doesn't bother them to much, I've been around tndeer long enough to know that young man like his dad are deer slayers and have taken some trophies for any state. I understand what you are doing and it's fine but maybe should only do it when asked or go off your own deer. Go under tndeer trophy room and look at my photos of my bucks. Guess their score and I'll play the game with you. I have 7 or 8 in there.
If someone sees me engaging in discourse and scoring a deer as disrespectul on here, I have this to say: Get over it snowflake and deal with it. sounds like liberals whining about which bathroom to use and what pronoun to identify with! Glad you only find it silly buck777!

TN Larry

If someone sees me engaging in discourse and scoring a deer as disrespectul on here, I have this to say: Get over it snowflake and deal with it. sounds like liberals whining about which bathroom to use and what pronoun to identify with! Glad you only find it silly buck777!
What I find disrespectful is ruining a young man's thread discussing score and then challenging when the estimate is put out there by the person that held it in his hands and after the deer is scored. Pictures can be deceiving one way or another. My son really doesn't care and I don't either, however, other kids could when their kills post gets derailed because of score. I'm neither a liberal or a snowflake but should have never engaged in a score discussion to start with on a kid's deer kill. I enjoy scoring deer to know what they score and playing the game when someone asks for input. My advice if you really want to learn is to make a post for people to post deer with known scores and then guess from there. I am fairly certain the other post with your name to score was posted as a joke because you have posted the same thing on every single decent buck kill thus far.

I'm not mad nor my feelings hurt but ask that this is the last post on score on this thread.

Last edited:

Speedwell-Hunter

What I find disrespectful is ruining a young man's thread discussing score and then challenging when the estimate is put out there by the person that held it in his hands and after the deer is scored. Pictures can be deceiving one way or another. My son really doesn't care and I don't either, however, other kids could when their kills post gets derailed because of score. I'm neither a liberal or a snowflake but should have never engaged in a score discussion to start with on a kid's deer kill. I enjoy scoring deer to know what they score and playing the game when someone asks for input. My advice if you really want to learn is to make a post for people to post deer with known scores and then guess from their. I am fairly certain the other post with your name to score was posted as a joke because you have posted the same thing on every single decent buck kill thus far.

I'm not mad nor my feelings hurt but ask that this is the last post on score on this thread.
TN Larry, if you have the photos, I am more than happy to post a score as well. Thank you for the input and discourse. Good luck out in the woods this fall.

Latest posts