Some old friends finally show

tellico4x4

First & only pic of Stickers (6 1/2) this year, was starting to worry.

Stickers 2011 - 1 by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Daggers (3 1/2) & Magnum (4 1/2)

Daggers & Magnum by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Wideload (5 1/2) only pic of him as well, found both his sheds in March, but he has been elusive - glad he finally showed up! Sorry about the pic quality.

wideload by Bullet Hunting Club, on Flickr

Lots more pics here if anyone is interested:
http://www.bullethuntingclub.com/gallery-camera-11.html

TheLBLman

"Stickers" would be tops on my hit list if I were in your club.
He won't score much, but he's a mature buck with a unique rack.
Seems to be the case of most of the fully mature bucks I stumble across in my area.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with "Wide Load", just would be focused on specifically hunting "Stickers". Can always choose to take a different buck if he comes along, as you focus on the one you want most.

Outdoor Enthusiast

Is "Daggers" the deer in the back in the second picture? Whatever that deer's name is... I would kill him. He is a stud! The browtines and mass are awesome!

Andy S.

Some Jim Dandys for sure. What did wideload's sheds gross score last year if you assume an 18" spread? How much does it appear he has gained from last year to this year (gross inches) if you had to guess?

tellico4x4

Wes Parrish said:
"Stickers" would be tops on my hit list if I were in your club.
He won't score much, but he's a mature buck with a unique rack.
Seems to be the case of most of the fully mature bucks I stumble across in my area.

Not that I wouldn't be happy with "Wide Load", just would be focused on specifically hunting "Stickers". Can always choose to take a different buck if he comes along, as you focus on the one you want most.

He's been on my list for 3 yrs now. Had one chance on him last year and he busted me. As it is on most mature deer, one chance is all I got. This is the first pic of him since then...

tellico4x4

Outdoor Enthusiast said:
Is "Daggers" the deer in the back in the second picture? Whatever that deer's name is... I would kill him. He is a stud! The browtines and mass are awesome!

No, the second buck is Magnum and he has put on a couple extra points and some mass from last year. What gets me about him is that he is truely a midget (body wise) to our other mature bucks. I bet he won't weigh over 150 live weight. Got a lot of history & pics with him and he is 4 1/2.

tellico4x4

8 POINTS OR BETTER said:
tellico. Does your club join any, or is it close-to the other big blocks of managed land in your area. Looks like you have alot of old bucks.

Yes, we are part of 13K contingous acres. Join 2 other clubs with same management goals (both in existance for 10+yrs), plus join a couple of landowners that are borderline anti-hunters.

We killed one last year that taxidermist aged at 8 1/2.

de novo

You need a good camera man and you could have your own hunting show. You have the pics and the names. I would watch.

tellico4x4

Novocaine said:
You need a good camera man and you could have your own hunting show. You have the pics and the names. I would watch.

Thanks, but have no interest at all in that. I just enjoy messing with them. I get as much pleasure out of fooling with the food plots and trail cameras as much as killing anymore. Just glad to be able to provide an opportunity for a mature buck to my grandkids & some of our other young hunters.

Latest posts