Some good ones already on the ground for Fall Creek Falls wounded warrior hunt

megalomaniac

Ended up being another great hunt. Most were successful, several nice bucks killed. Everyone had a great time!

Attachments

• 35294.jpg
    35294.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 472

Kahrman

It is sponsored by the TWRA and MusicCitySCI chapter. I have guided some of the vets before but could not make it this year. It is always a great hunt with some good deer being taken. It is a little strange sitting in a blind on a golf course. Some of the blinds are in the woods while others are right on the edge of some fairways.

PalsPal

It is sponsored by the TWRA and MusicCitySCI chapter. I have guided some of the vets before but could not make it this year. It is always a great hunt with some good deer being taken. It is a little strange sitting in a blind on a golf course. Some of the blinds are in the woods while others are right on the edge of some fairways.

I also agree that this is great, and thank you for volunteering your time to help these great vets.

I do find it hard to believe that the antis haven't caught wind of this and tried to get it shut down. Having worked in state government for a while, I saw first hand that they do not like to "rock the boat" and go overboard to keep the peace.

PickettSFHunter

Cool hunt.

A lot of TN people don't realize that Georgia allows normal hunters to shoot deer off of state park golf courses every year. It's a very successful quota program there. There is no reason this couldn't be a thing in TN also in a more widespread manner.

megalomaniac

It's good for population control with the chance at a giant. Each hunter is allowed 1 buck and 1 doe. They are strongly encouraged to shoot the doe not waiting on a buck. Most are not picky when it comes to the buck, but the highest scoring buck gets a donated free shoulder mount.

The biggest buck this year was actually killed out of a pop-up blind my cousin set up in the playground beside the lodge :)

Latest posts