Snapped on a good one. How quick to return?

Nitehunter17

Had a good one step out in the field this evening. He is my target buck and we have been getting all kinds of pics of him in this area. My safety wasnt screwed out far enough and it didnt hit the cap and he heard the click and bolted. Needless to say im sick. I dont feel like he knew what i was or where. How quick would you guys return to hunt him? Thanks

noahtn

Personally, I'd go back as soon as possible. A random click shouldn't spook him for long especially during the rut.

fairchaser

I would go back immediately but not the exact same spot. I think he will avoid that spot the rest of the year. On a side note, I've heard about more deer living because of those second unnecessary screw in safeties. If I had one of those guns, I'd put it in fire position and lock tite it. No need for two safeties IMO.

wobblegobble

fairchaser":1e5fm2z4 said:
I would go back immediately but not the exact same spot. I think he will avoid that spot the rest of the year. On a side note, I've heard about more deer living because of those second unnecessary screw in safeties. If I had one of those guns, I'd put it in fire position and lock tite it. No need for two safeties IMO.

Deer aren't as smart as many of these rookies say lol Go back to the same stand today n he will likely be back.

Latest posts