Slow fishing

Crow Terminator

20220714_200323.jpg
I haven't been doing all that well bass fishing on the lakes. With the exception of the afternoon jumps/breaking fish. That happens so fast though that you can go from no fish to 20 in 20 casts and then it's done. Decided to go to the perch hole this afternoon. To my surprise it was nearly dry. Places that are normally 4-5 feet deep were basically inches of water. Not enough to float a kayak in. Then around 6 o clock the water started coming up and when we left, it had came up about a foot.

The place I stop and get red wigglers at, only had one container of them left. They were wiped out. I had some artificial stuff in my box but the perch don't seem to like it as much as the real thing. Needless to say, this wasn't the typical 100+ fish trip. Between two of us, we might have caught 50 and only 15 or so were big enough to keep.
20220716_193904.jpg
20220716_195839.jpg

Crow Terminator

That store usually has a whole fridge full of live bait but literally only had one container of worms Saturday. I didn't have any artificial stuff that they wanted. Caught a couple on a beetle spin and only 1 on the Gulp stuff...even the Gulp worms didn't work. I was surprised at the number of boats there Saturday. I don't mean little 12-14 foot jon boats either. Tracker 175s and one guy had a 20' aluminum. I counted 7 boats and you know how tight parking is. I'd hate to back a trailer down that rd. But it would have been fun to watch the 2072 size aluminum boat and trailer do it...especially since there was already 5 or 6 trucks already there. It wasn't like he could have pulled in and unhooked the truck from the trailer and spun it around by hand....wasn't any room for that with the other trucks. That rascal just about had to have backed it all the way down from the campgrounds.