Skyscraper

Bgoodman30

I looked Wednesday afternoon I did see some buzzards but they were just floating around... Not circling a certain spot...

DoubleRidge

I saw where you posted this morning and got excited....was sure hoping you found him....but it happens....and maybe he's ok and will show back up on trail camera. Good luck..and hang in there..I've been there and know it's tough.

Bgoodman30

I saw where you posted this morning and got excited....was sure hoping you found him....but it happens....and maybe he's ok and will show back up on trail camera. Good luck..and hang in there..I've been there and know it's tough.

Yeah it sucks.. I checked the creek, pond and the river bank.. This kind of made me hate afternoon hunts even more and I definitely need a better light.. If I get one down on a cold night again I am backing out unless there is some serious blood.

Bgoodman30

IMG_5052.jpeg

So Sunday morning saw a good rack coming through the standing corn and saw a tall brow tine... Oh man is it him! My heart jump started and I lost him in the corn... About 2 minutes later a hot doe comes running around the edge and he's running hot on the trail... Mehhhh nothing.. Finally get stopped in opening behind stand and boom..

Walk over to him and yeah definitely not him did I mention I also lost my glasses that night? 😥

Oh well it is what it is nice little 8 that I am not sure I had pics of and meat in the freezer. Maybe one of these days Ill get my target buck..

DoubleRidge

View attachment 157271
So Sunday morning saw a good rack coming through the standing corn and saw a tall brow tine... Oh man is it him! My heart jump started and I lost him in the corn... About 2 minutes later a hot doe comes running around the edge and he's running hot on the trail... Mehhhh nothing.. Finally get stopped in opening behind stand and boom..

Walk over to him and yeah definitely not him did I mention I also lost my glasses that night? 😥

Oh well it is what it is nice little 8 that I am not sure I had pics of and meat in the freezer. Maybe one of these days Ill get my target buck..

Nice buck...Congratulations! Way to stay after them!

Bgoodman30

Welp I didn't give up went back to his haunts yesterday afternoon. Saw a bunch of does and fork horns no nice bucks. Decided to try my 80 acre spot that food plots did pretty well on. I had zero pics of any bucks this summer or fall which was odd but I had the food and I saw the does on my first sit. Low and behold at 6:25 I see a doe running.. Then grunt, grunttt.. Oh boy take my scope covers off and here he comes running... Saw his right side pretty nice 8pt, he turns away and he's outside the ears... He starts across the field Mehhhhhh. Boom... 40 yards and he hits the ground it looked like old faithful when the air came out of him on this 20 degree morning... Checked him and a little ground shrinkage (did I mention I lost my glasses 🤣 ). That's OK I am tagged out in TN and freezer goals met.

Sooo to continue on the search for Skyscraper.. I decided to head back to one spot where I fell like I didn't cover as a last ditch effort which is where I thought he was originally bedding... So over and up a few ridges and I start to head down hill and flags go up... There he is in all his glory locked down with a doe on the side of a dadgum cliff.... Only got a behind look but 90% sure it was him.... I have 2 cameras within 150 yards of there... I feel so much better now that he didn't go to waste.. What a season.

DoubleRidge

Welp I didn't give up went back to his haunts yesterday afternoon. Saw a bunch of does and fork horns no nice bucks. Decided to try my 80 acre spot that food plots did pretty well on. I had zero pics of any bucks this summer or fall which was odd but I had the food and I saw the does on my first sit. Low and behold at 6:25 I see a doe running.. Then grunt, grunttt.. Oh boy take my scope covers off and here he comes running... Saw his right side pretty nice 8pt, he turns away and he's outside the ears... He starts across the field Mehhhhhh. Boom... 40 yards and he hits the ground it looked like old faithful when the air came out of him on this 20 degree morning... Checked him and a little ground shrinkage (did I mention I lost my glasses 🤣 ). That's OK I am tagged out in TN and freezer goals met.

Sooo to continue on the search for Skyscraper.. I decided to head back to one spot where I fell like I didn't cover as a last ditch effort which is where I thought he was originally bedding... So over and up a few ridges and I start to head down hill and flags go up... There he is in all his glory locked down with a doe on the side of a dadgum cliff.... Only got a behind look but 90% sure it was him.... I have 2 cameras within 150 yards of there... I feel so much better now that he didn't go to waste.. What a season.

Congratulations on your buck! And awesome to hear that skyscraper made it! Hopefully you get more pics of him!

Bgoodman30

Hot doe looking back. There is actually a decent stand of oats/ clover under that frost.
IMG_5265.jpeg
Made myself drag him a half mile back to the truck for shooting his young butt.. I am feeling it in my legs this morning.. Ha great day. 🤣
IMG_5268.jpeg

Latest posts