PIRT1485.JPG
PIRT1241.JPG

PIRT0088.JPG

Attachments

• PIRT1248.JPG
    PIRT1248.JPG
    382 KB · Views: 189

BSK

So many over the years.. They got some good hiding spots..
Over the last 20 years, on my property we've averaged around 3.3 mature bucks photographed per year. That's a total of about 66 mature bucks over 20 years. How many have we killed? Around 10. That's not a very good "have to kill ratio!"

Bgoodman30

Over the last 20 years, on my property we've averaged around 3.3 mature bucks photographed per year. That's a total of about 66 mature bucks over 20 years. How many have we killed? Around 10. That's not a very good "have to kill ratio!"

Yeah Id say we average 2 mature over the last 6 years and we have one down which was 138" eleven point by my buddy.. I killed a 118" ten. I know one I was after was killed in neighbors backyard and was 146"... One big ten got bumped and swam across the river into my neighbors lap... Who knows about the others, could of been one of the dozens of shots right over the line I hear every year...

Bgoodman30

Well I think I may have screwed up... I have basically put no hunting pressure on this deers core area. It was supposed to rain Sunday night and I have several pics of him close to one of my interior stands after a rain.. When I woke up what do you know no rain... It was still foggy with chance of rain so I was hoping they still may be bedded down so I could make my approach.. I headed in pretty early that morning and what do you know, blow right, blow left, get almost to tree and almost stepped on a deer..... So disgusted I almost turned around and left..

Get in stand and wind is good but I think I boogered the whole place up... At about 7:35am I see a nice 8 cruising at 170 yards he pauses and starts after a doe. The chase is on! I couldn't get the glass on him quick enough to determine if it was Skyscraper especially since he has a nice twin that's 3.5 and not nearly as tall..

About 30 mins later I see a deer appear 160 yards to the left in same general area. A nice big buck and he is walking in my direction... I get my binos on him but couldn't determine if it was him or not.. I keep glassing and snortttt a doe blows right behind me... I drop my binos and he walks out of sight to left...

Story of my life.. Hopefully not locked down...

Latest posts