Single shot

big ridge hunter

2-Step Enabled
I am looking for a single shot rifle. Either a cva or traditions in 308 243 or 350 legend. Has anyone seen one of these in a lgs lately? I prefer used but had nor found one or a new either.
I am wanting a small light wieght rifle to carry through the mountains.

C1295

I am looking for a single shot rifle. Either a cva or traditions in 308 243 or 350 legend. Has anyone seen one of these in a lgs lately? I prefer used but had nor found one or a new either.
I looked for a while last year for one and still never came up with one. Settled for a single shot 20 gauge. Wish you luck brother

41Magnum

Gunbroker
This, and I don't know what your budget is but I would consider a T/C Encore setup if you're set on a 308 class cartridge. They are bit pricey nowadays also you may be able to pick up a Contender Carbine in 30-30 Win., 7-30 Waters, 35 Remington and I'm starting to see a barrel or two in 360 Buckhammer. Wish you luck.

Last edited:

big ridge hunter

2-Step Enabled
This, and I don't know what your budget is but I would consider a T/C Encore setup if your set on a 308 class cartridge. They a bit pricey nowadays also I you may be able to pick up a Contender Carbine in 30-30 Win., 7-30 Waters, 35 Remington and I'm starting to see a barrel or two in 360 Buckhammer. Wish you luck.
Any of those calibers would be great,as I carry one more than I shoot it during hunting season. 20 gauge with saboted slugs would be ok as well. I'll make a trip to look at the t/c encore this week. Thanks to all for the advice.

big ridge hunter

2-Step Enabled
I bought a Henry 45-70 to convert to sml. It's a really nice rifle.t

I bought a Henry 45-70 to convert to sml. It's a really nice rifle.
The Henry's are really nice. I was thinking of more a black synthetic type. Maybe shorten the barrel to 16 inches and paint it or camo dip it. That way i can scratch it or ding it and not care.

Tweeter

I have a cva 450BM and a optima elite in 270/50

Wade195

I bought a Henry single shot in 308 and sent the barrel to Jess rifle boring. Had it turned into a 338 Federal.

It is now my favorite rifle in 338 Federal.

You could get one in 223 and send it to be bored to 350 legend?

tellico4x4

Have 3 Encores and 2 H&Rs, all good rifles. Use to have several extra barrels but have thinned down to only couple extras. If you come up with an action, Match Grade Machine or Mike Bellum can build whatever barrel you want. Bellum is pretty big on the 350 Legend type stuff.

big ridge hunter

2-Step Enabled
Have 3 Encores and 2 H&Rs, all good rifles. Use to have several extra barrels but have thinned down to only couple extras. If you come up with an action, Match Grade Machine or Mike Bellum can build whatever barrel you want. Bellum is pretty big on the 350 Legend type stuff.
I was looking at the ammo supply to decide what caliber I was leaning towards. But I can use any of the common ones. I'll keep looking and see if I can get an action to start with.

Wade195

I bought the Heny single shots.

We have 243, 357 magnum, 45-70, 308 that was bored to 338 Federal, 350 legend, and a couple of shotguns.

Last edited:

Mackey

Love my Merkel K3 Extreme In 30-06. Super small, super lightweight, super accurate!

Latest posts