single pin

Crow Terminator

HHA sights are built tough and very popular. But they are heavy for their size. Very bright fibers too.

CBE Tek Hybrid is a lighter weight option over the HHA and also comes with a lifetime warranty. Very easy to setup. Decently bright fibers...Especially with the provided light.

Black Gold Ascent is another good one. It is about the same weight as the HHA. Very bright fiber in it as well.

My vote would be for the CBE just for the weight but I don't think you could go wrong with any of those. I know that doesn't help you much.

tiecampdeerslayer

HHA for sure, I love mine for hunting, the single pin has less in the way of your sight picture when aiming at a deer. For me it's less confusing, just set it at 20 yds and if you have a deer that won't come in to 20 yds, adjust to his yardage.

r'ville a-bolt

I love my hha optimizer lite with the .010 pin my groups have really tightened up since going to that size especially from 40 and 50

Poleaxe

I have have the 5019 but I messaged you the 5519 because I knew it would be better for you. Better get to shooting and building up some stamina. You have to sight it in at 20 and 60 to find the right tape. I've already setup 2 other folks on theirs the past 3 weeks and both took 2 to 3 days to find their 60yrd.

bowhunter163

Poleaxe said:
What's a Honda Odyssey?
I think that's exactly what he meant .

^^^ I'm not bashing HHA by any means , I think they are a decent sight . But I believe they are a little over priced for what they are .

JN

I just switched to the 5519 about a month ago and have really liked it. I spent about a week sighting it in to make sure I was doing it correctly and actually did the 20-40 yard sight in first then worked up to the 20-60 sight in since I have never shot at 60 yards before.

bowhunter163

Eric Kilby said:
I wouldn't pay full price for an hha but for the price I paid I don't feel like I did to bad , just need to get it set up and do some shooting before season gets here
No, you got a good deal on it for sure . And like I said they aren't bad sights at all , actually pretty good . But I wouldn't pay what they want for them when you can get a higher quality sight for a little more .

Nsghunter

bowhunter163 said:
UTGrad said:
I was implying HHA's popularity, not price. FYI look at the mini van market...the Honda Odyssey dominates.
The minivan market lol I've tried to getting wife to get one but she refuses .

I love mine! Mini-van that is. The honda has enough space for 4x8 sheeting in tht rear and will yow 1500lb Lol it's my 8 passenger luxury truck. We could get together. She'd be convinced.

tn droptine

I switched to a single pin last year, but I think I will be switching back to a multi pin. To me there were too many instances where a shot had to be made quickly and I missed opportunities since I did not have time to adjust my pin for the yardage.

My only concern with a single pin - when I had time to make adjustments it was great. I have seen some where you just adjust it by rotating a few clicks for the range difference, that style may work well. The kind I have now you have to loosen a knob and slide the sight up and down to markings you make for various ranges on a tape. Loosening the knob a little once you settle in for the hunt works, but still takes time away from the shot