Sierra Gamechanger 308 165gr

jman 125

Has anyone loaded these i have read all the reviews and trust yall more than them. I plan on these bullets over 43 to 44.5 gr of varget. Will post back my results when i get them loaded and shot as soon as i get over this broken ankle. And by the way you dont know how important it is to slow down and not be in a hurry at all times and break something. Getting old sucks

DaveB

My experience was with the 6.5 green-tipped Sierra's and is several years old-pre pandemic.

Accuracy was good on the undamaged rounds.

Tips were fragile. Some fell off. A few broke. Many bent.

Do not know if this problem persists.

jman 125

My experience was with the 6.5 green-tipped Sierra's and is several years old-pre pandemic.

Accuracy was good on the undamaged rounds.

Tips were fragile. Some fell off. A few broke. Many bent.

Do not know if this problem persists.
Thank you for responding. I will definitely keep an eye on the tips. Hopefully they have that problem fixed. Finally got everything today in the snail mail so if all goes well I'll get to working on these tomorrow.

backyardtndeer

Not the exact same bullet, but close. For 308 gas gun with 24 inch barrel, I loaded 165 grain sierra game kings over near max load for imr4895. Iirc I was around 43 grains, will have to look back at my notes. Great on paper performance, clover leafing groups, never tried them on deer. Have not run those through my shorter barrel or bolt gun, as I did not have either of them when I developed that load.

fairchaser

Has anyone loaded these i have read all the reviews and trust yall more than them. I plan on these bullets over 43 to 44.5 gr of varget. Will post back my results when i get them loaded and shot as soon as i get over this broken ankle. And by the way you dont know how important it is to slow down and not be in a hurry at all times and break something. Getting old sucks
You might need a special seating stem to prevent damage to the tips while seating. Otherwise, they should perform well. Agree with the slow down part!

jman 125

You might need a special seating stem to prevent damage to the tips while seating. Otherwise, they should perform well. Agree with the slow down part!
Does the stem fit any seating die or do you have to get a special die? Sorry if its a dumb question justbnew at this.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I used them for a 308 with RL15 a couple years back:
-great accuracy, but they were a little bit seating-depth sensitive
-shot them into a few different types of media… good expansion, but almost always slipped its core WITHOUT BLOWING UP. The base is actually pretty heavy, and I was impressed with the fact that it seemed to maintain some semblance of a solid form to theoretically travel on through for a bloodtrail
-shot two deer broadside behind the shoulder at about 75yd. Both ran, but not far. Both bullets exited, but not a huge exit wound. I wasn't overwhelmed by their on game performance, but I wasn't disappointed either.

I want to try them again in the future, but they won't replace accubonds as long as I have them. Accubonds are so reliable and accurate that I absolutely hate to move away from them as long as I still have them, but… they have been SO hard to find, and have gotten to be SO expensive that I will have to consider my options as they dwindle on my shelf. I have already made the change to Hornady BTSPs for my .270 Win since I could not find any 140 NABs for it. I have not been disappointed, as the interlock is actually a pretty tough bullet and plenty consistent/accurate

fairchaser

Does the stem fit any seating die or do you have to get a special die? Sorry if its a dumb question justbnew at this.
Yes, the stem must fit your particular brand of die. Or just buy the whole die with the recommended stem. You should find something on the bullet manufacturer web site or just examine where the bullet makes contact with the stem. It may be just fine.

jman 125

Yes, the stem must fit your particular brand of die. Or just buy the whole die with the recommended stem. You should find something on the bullet manufacturer web site or just examine where the bullet makes contact with the stem. It may be just fine.
I pulled the stem and looked at it with a bullet stuck in and it hits ever so slightly i just wonder if i could take a dremel tool and buff it to where it clears

backyardtndeer

I use Hornady eldx stems when loading tipped bullets. They fit standard dies, both rcbs and Hornady.
Guys i really appreciate all the help. Thanks
Don't know if I had a brainfart or what I was thinking, but I have to correct myself here, and I apologize for giving any wrong information and for any possible confusion. The eld stems I have only fit my Hornady custom dies, they do not fit my rcbs dies. But I do use the Hornady eld stems and they work well.

jman 125

Don't know if I had a brainfart or what I was thinking, but I have to correct myself here, and I apologize for giving any wrong information and for any possible confusion. The eld stems I have only fit my Hornady custom dies, they do not fit my rcbs dies. But I do use the Hornady eld stems and they work well.
Thank you for clarification. No need to apologize we all have brain farts. I have them daily

DaveB

Go here and sign up for membership and email notification when the 140's arrive. IIRC these were in stock in recent weeks.

You need to hit your link every day very often and be prepared to order on the spot. Inventory disappears in a flash.

My Accubond experience tells me if I run out, go back to Partitions.

And the BLEM is mostly a joke. These are solid accubond bullets not in fancy boxes.