Sierra 165g Tipped Gamegetters

jman 125

Game Changer is correct! My error! Thanks!
I load them for 308 for me my brother and a friends son they shoot great . We ended up killing 5 deer this year with them 3 bucks and 2 does 2 of the bucks were 165 lb range and they done great on all of them. Very destructive internally only problem i had was no exit on any of them but only had to trail one and i made a bad shot but he didn't go 45 yards and was liver / gut shot .nerves got the best of me.

PickettSFHunter

I loaded several for my 7mm Rem Mag. I tried several OAL's and charges but haven't gotten it to group good yet. I'll keep trying, really surprised me because that rifle has always grouped whatever I fed it.

jman 125

I loaded several for my 7mm Rem Mag. I tried several OAL's and charges but haven't gotten it to group good yet. I'll keep trying, really surprised me because that rifle has always grouped whatever I fed it.
It took me a lot of time to find the combination but it went from im about to burn every thing i have to the ground to wow i. A sniper. And the funny thing is though the same exact load worked in 3 different guns.

Billboy

I load the 140's in my 6.5 PRC. Very accurate bullet but I have only shot 1 deer so far. Big doe at ~75yds. Performance was similar to a Nosler Ballistic tip - rapid expansion, big hole, some meat loss, but dropped in her tracks. I expect less explosive performance at longer ranges. Also blew the crap out of a coyote at ~40 yards.

Jcalder

Just remember, if you're having to fight things like OAL to get them to shoot, as your throat erodes you'll constantly have to adjust them. So just when you think you have it, you'll have to try again, further chasing that rabbit

Latest posts