shop question

tickweed

Just wondering, I'm in West Tn., and giving some thought to building a smaller size metal shop for my boats, hunting stuff. Maybe 24x24, or a lil larger. Any of you guys has someone you would recommend? I see a bunch online, but would really talk to someone who had already went thru the process. Tks

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
My son went through Summertown Metals.
An amish man near Paris did the actual work.
He was pleased with the outcome.

I will say this, he built his about 8 months ago and just for kicks he looked the exact same building he has and it has ALMOST doubled in price in the last 8 months.

His was right at 18K when he got it and the same one is 30K now.

FTG-05

My son went through Summertown Metals.
An amish man near Paris did the actual work.
He was pleased with the outcome.

I will say this, he built his about 8 months ago and just for kicks he looked the exact same building he has and it has ALMOST doubled in price in the last 8 months.

His was right at 18K when he got it and the same one is 30K now.
Bunch of metal buildings going up around here from SM.

BlackEagle1

Summertown did a very poor job on my shop. I have seen some other work of theirs that was sub par also. I would go with quality metals next time.

Fatboy99

Just wondering, I'm in West Tn., and giving some thought to building a smaller size metal shop for my boats, hunting stuff. Maybe 24x24, or a lil larger. Any of you guys has someone you would recommend? I see a bunch online, but would really talk to someone who had already went thru the process. Tks
Summertown will hook u up labor but beware amish or not there are some shoddy crews out there. 24x24.. u will out grow quickly. Ask me how i know.

Remington700

If I recall correctly you are near Jackson. We built one right before the covid mess hit. Used a guy out of Bradford and are pleased. He partners with a guy from 3 way. PM me for details. We checked with Reeds metals and they were high and acted like they really did not want to do it.

Duck dogn

Mine is 24x30 no soffit (no over hang) 1 roll up door, 1 walkin door, 2 inch vinyl back insulation throughout. 4 inch concrete 10 ft walls. Summertown metals 2 years ago $12,041.00

MR Yote

I've priced a couple of metal buildings, insulated, with one side covered for trailer, concrete under all.

40x40 -- $95k
40x60 -- $110k
Don't know who gave you those prices but I'm getting one built in a couple weeks from Bluesteel in Henderson with signed paperwork for $28K. That's a 30×48×12 polebarn, insulated, with a 12×48 lean-to, 1 walk in door. A couple windows and a roll up door add another 2K. I thought was reasonable considering.

Latest posts