Shooting style

Smokey River

Hey guys do y'all shoot instinctive or Gap? I've been shooting instinctively but starting to play around with Gap.

Stykbow

I'm an instinctive shooter. Never tried gap shooting, but I reckon you can get great accuracy from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie c

I think mine is a combination of both. I generally release when I hit anchor but on longer shots I seem to hold a half sec longer.
every person seems to develop their own style after awhile. some are combinations of several different styles/methods.

southernhunter

I shoot instinctive but I hear a combination of both is best. I just find it hard for me to Focus on two things at once. I truly have a one track mind.

eddie c

southernhunter":bu77sqpw said:
I shoot instinctive but I hear a combination of both is best. I just find it hard for me to Focus on two things at once. I truly have a one track mind.

sounds like you are over analyzing. just think about one thing, hitting the spot. the rest will fall in place.

southernhunter

I am sure I do but I really have a hard time doing any two things at once. If I focus on tip that's all I can do if I focus on bullseye that's it. I know at some point it's all done with out much thinking but as you said because of the way my mind works it's hard for me to not over analyze.

Grill-n-man

Think of it this way, shooting traditional is just like throwing a softball in the yard. Shut down the brain and let the body take control. If you were to throw a ball to someone you simply just focus on the glove and throw it, but you dont realize that you are also focused on your throwing arm in relation to where it needs to be when you let the ball go to hit the glove. Try this, start at 8ft from the target, focus on the spot, turn off your brain, draw and shoot as fast as you can. As shots go on you will realize that you are not just flinging arrows but infact have become focused on the target, arrow position inrelation to, draw, anchor, and release all at the same time. Hardest thing for most to do is to shut down their brain. Dont concentrate just focus, difference in the 2 is that when you concentrate the brain gets in the way of the body's focus on what it needs to do. I think if this works for you, you will find that your shooting stly will be a mix of gap and point and shoot.

Latest posts