Shooting house

easy45

What is the cheapest ones that are made out of plastic or in the style of muddy or redneck blinds, they are just too expensive for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41Magnum

Re: Shooting house

Do an internet search on box blinds/shooting houses and you'll find scads of plans from the simplest to the elaborate.
I built one from scraps I had left over from another project so I didn't have much in mine. I saw one where a dude put a solar panel on top of his. Lots on YouTube as well.

easy45

Guys I'm possibly the worst person in the world at building stuff, plus I don't want a wood one and I dang sure wouldn't try to build a synthetic one.

tellico4x4

About 15 yrs ago I bought 4 port-a-potties for $40 each. Took the tanks out, hosed down with Clorox, installed new 3/4" floors, added a coat of paint (to cover up graffiti [emoji38]), built 8' tall platforms & they are still in use today! May have $100 total in each of them. Spring loaded doors to boot!! They are fine for 1 person & will probably Outlast me...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

TJS209

We have one of the black plastic ones from Stockdale's. Think it was in the $1100-$1300 range. Put it up with 4 4x4s, cross bracing, and a cable attached to the ground.

Hunter 257W

Deer Assassin":2jbku34m said:

Those are really reasonable prices. I built my own using 12ft 6x6 posts with 2x12 wrapped around to attach 2x6 floor joists to. I used a lot of scrap lumber that cost nothing but I still spent $550 and did all that work. These prefabbed blinds can be had for from $800 to $1000 and they wont' rot either. I may very well go this route for my next.

Rob-HC Hunter

I just bought and had installed a 360 blind. Had it brought to my farm and set up. Around $3,500

15598dcf76906cc0b3e5ac21e99e269a.jpg

easy45

Rob-HC Hunter":2u849wvy said:
I just bought and had installed a 360 blind. Had it brought to my farm and set up. Around $3,500

15598dcf76906cc0b3e5ac21e99e269a.jpg

Really nice but way out of my price range,

TnBullet

I had posted earlier in your general forum topic but it went to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages pretty quick. In case you didn't see it:

We have some of the Sportsman's Condos and have been really pleased with them. The only drawback is they're black plastic and can get quite warm in early season. We painted ours with a light green house paint and it definitely helped with the temperature on warm days. The SC-2 is 4x6 and will hold 2 hunters. The SC-3 is 66" in diameter and is extremely comfortable. Stockdales sells these, however they're made in West Point, MS and if you order and pick them up you can get the SC-2 for $899 and the SC-3 for $999. That's $300 to $400 cheaper than Stockdales. It was worth the 2.5 hour trip.

Attachments

• SC-3.jpg
    SC-3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2,303
  • SC-2.jpg
    SC-2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 2,302

easy45

TnBullet":3hr8wlfj said:
I had posted earlier in your general forum topic but it went to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th pages pretty quick. In case you didn't see it:

We have some of the Sportsman's Condos and have been really pleased with them. The only drawback is they're black plastic and can get quite warm in early season. We painted ours with a light green house paint and it definitely helped with the temperature on warm days. The SC-2 is 4x6 and will hold 2 hunters. The SC-3 is 66" in diameter and is extremely comfortable. Stockdales sells these, however they're made in West Point, MS and if you order and pick them up you can get the SC-2 for $899 and the SC-3 for $999. That's $300 to $400 cheaper than Stockdales. It was worth the 2.5 hour trip.
Those are the ones I'm leaning toward, I like the SC-3.

jhardy

So I'm cheap....and have 3 kids. So a cool blind like that is out for me now. Maybe down the road. But I built a 4x5ish blind out of a pallet, some 3/4 ply and some 2x4s for walls. For the outside I used old plastic truck bed liners. I went to one of the custom auto shops in town and he said I could have all the old used ones I wanted. So I cut them up into sheets and used them. Wrapped one in camo cloth and painted the other and brushed it in. Used 4x4s to elevate it. One is about 4 feet up. And the other is 8. I've got about 80 bucks in each one.

The picture doesn't look like much. But it works. It's cheap and I can take the kids. And makes it so comfortable.
aa370ccc480e05b1e5eb9840eb3e3861.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Kevin

My dad worked with the owner of Sportsman Condos when he was starting it.

I killed one of the first deer out of one that wasn't him or his family.

It's cool to see how much they have grown.