Shooting house windows

megalomaniac

My windows flip up, so takes about a half second to open one before the shot... so they stay closed for scent control until I see a shooter... unless it's crazy hot outside... because they are airtight, they can become an oven on warm days in the afternoon sun, and you have to open a window or two to keep from burning up.

Boone25/06

Keep them all closed until right before shot. Only time I crack one is when heater is going I will crack the closet one to heater. Rain X non fog spray and a shower squeegee will be your best friends. Using this set up for years without anything busting me down wind no matter how close. I though heater would bust them but it seems to heat the air/scent up enough it goes up coming out of blind.

Hduke86

Keep them all closed until right before shot. Only time I crack one is when heater is going I will crack the closet one to heater. Rain X non fog spray and a shower squeegee will be your best friends. Using this set up for years without anything busting me down wind no matter how close. I though heater would bust them but it seems to heat the air/scent up enough it goes up coming out of blind.
Yes rain-x spray is your friend and so is the shower squeegee

TRIGGER

Mine are open the first 30 minutes in the morning and the last 30 minutes in the evening. They are tinted slightly (redneck) so I don't feel like I can see good enough at those times. If the wind is calm I will open them sometimes to be able to hear better.
Someone on here put me on keeping a small squeegee for the windows and that was solid advice.

BigAl

Mine actually open to the outside with pull cords and actually act like awnings/sunshade so i have to leave them open. I also have a little bit of mesh taken from an old blind that is installed in the corners. Thinking about adding some internal plexiglass that I can open/close on the fly.
132043218_10224332842454159_6100754556497344402_n.jpg

Last edited: