She was a trooper!

MUP

She saw one deer, near the bottom of the draw. I was looking at her face when she saw it, priceless! Her eyes got wide, and she started saying "Daddy! Daddy! I see a deer! I see a deer!" I slid the rifle over to her and instructed her to get it in the scope, but, with as many leaves as were still on the trees, it was gone in a second. :( She stayed with me in the treestand, her first time in a treestand btw(blind hunting till now) till 9:00 in the low 20 degree temps. We came back out for the eve hunt and got settled in at 2:00. Well, at primetime, 5:00, she started having a coughing fit, and just couldn't stop, so we packed it in and came home. It was awesome to have her in the tree with me for the first time, and she was a trooper!

The serious hunter now. :)

IMAG0328Shea1_zps99a85102.jpg

And...not so serious... :grin:

IMAG0336SheanDaddy_zps3a198b21.jpg

Trying to enjoy these times while I can. :)

DEER REPELLANT

That is a trooper right there. I wished she could have got one but she has another try at the end of season. Good luck to yall and at least yours went with you, mine was to busy on fb :)

bigtex

She's a sweetie and she certainly was a trooper for sticking it out Saturday morning, it was COLD!!!
Better luck to you guys on your next adventure!!

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Awesome, Steve! I took my niece out Sunday afternoon and didn't see a thing. She was disappointed, but I told her that there would be other chances. Your daughter will have other chances, too. I'm sure that you look forward to that! :wink:

BSK

GREAT story and pics MUP. Glad she got to see a deer, but sorry she didn't get a chance at a shot.

Your daughter looks so much like mine that it's a tad spooky!

Latest posts