Serving for STS

RussellvilleRob

I put a Cabela's brand string tamer on my bow a few weeks ago. I am having a heckuva time keeping the contact area served. I have put new serving on it three times in a short period. It is not wearing (That I can tell). It is just working loose. I followed some instructions that I found on-line. I even put a little dab of superglue on the loose end.

Any comments or suggestions?

Double Drops

I believe you're supposed to have a gap of about the diameter of a credit card, but that shouldn't be your problem.

How are you serving it?

RussellvilleRob

I am using some diamond braided stuff. I am starting with the serving parallel to the string then working my way back across it by going around the string really tight. Toward the end I cut a piece of serving and put a pull loop down. After serving about 8-10 rounds over the pull loop, I put the loose end in the loop and pull back thru. I put a dab of superglue on the pulled thru piece.

If you can understand what I just said, you are the man! I am not sure if I understand it myself..

bobthebowhunter

i actully seperate the string to start the serving. Hard to explain, but I watched a Bohning instructional video and I have never had serving come loose.

POSSUM HUNTER

bobthebowhunter said:
i actully seperate the string to start the serving. Hard to explain, but I watched a Bohning instructional video and I have never had serving come loose.

did mine in that same fashion and i have had mine on a little over two years

RussellvilleRob

I went over my serving routine yesterday evening. It appears that my problem is with the way I start my serving. It is geting loose and coming un-wound from that end. I may try splitting the string to get started. I know it aint rocket-science, so I hope this will help.

Thanks,

Rob

Latest posts