Selling of duck blinds...

utdw331

tickweed said:
Goose, we drove out and looked at it. It needs to be cleaned out, but overall in decent shape. I wish I knew you guys, Grizzly as well, cause you where more than welcome to come aboard. Still, you are welcome to hunt anytime, just get in touch with me. We took 108, we really looked at 10 in big sandy, but I've torn my right shoulder out this past June, and I'm gonna be lucky to make the early part of Illinois bow season,which is early Oct. So, building a blind for one year wasn't really an option for us. I've had 106 before, so I know we will watch 107 kill many, but on a north west wind we will be in the driver's seat if its like it used to be. We'll still get our part, and I hope you guys will come and be in on it! As far as resisting, it was tough, five figures tough. Oh well, it really doesnt matter to a diehard!

Good deal I was at the blind draw. Look like the money was flowing we had alot of people there and no blind. we have a pac not to sell the blind. I would rather hunt then sell and make a few bills. cause we sign a paper not to sell and if you do you must split with everyone in our draw which was about 60 or more so you wont prosper too much out of selling. TWRA needs to come up with a better way of doing the draw!

WRbowhunter

Wow. I don't duck hunt but this makes the thread on putting up a ladder stand on public land sound kind of silly.never knew selling blinds went on. sounds wrong to me. sort of like getting drawn for the elk hunt in TN then selling it to the highest bidder.

WingNut

sort of like getting drawn for the elk hunt in TN then selling it to the highest bidder. [/quote said:
TWRA already does that. Last year it was on ebay and this year the Rocky Mtn. Elk Foundation auctioned one off.

WRbowhunter

I know but that was TWRA not the 3 other people getting drawn. If that started then it all becomes about money. Knew that duck hunting was a little pricey but no wonder if your able to sale something your getting public access to. then like everyone said its not duck hunters putting in for draws its scalpers.

Headhunter

Old thread, but I don't see what is wrong with selling duck blinds. Showing with however many people who have no intention to hunt to draw is wrong, but if someone draws and picks a blind and then someone offers him money (for me it would take a lot like 20, 30 or 40,000 dollars) but if they want it that bad they can have it and I will pay to hunt somewhere with ducks.

Remington700

Had a friend that got a blind at Big Sandy last year. Got an email offering $15,000 for it. After a crappy season he should have done as the Steve Miller band song says "take the money and run".

hard county

Old thread, but I don't see what is wrong with selling duck blinds. Showing with however many people who have no intention to hunt to draw is wrong, but if someone draws and picks a blind and then someone offers him money (for me it would take a lot like 20, 30 or 40,000 dollars) but if they want it that bad they can have it and I will pay to hunt somewhere with ducks.
Selling your blind? Nothing wrong with it. Selling the blind that belongs to state of tn taxpayers? In my opinion that's a violation.

What if I knock on your door and ask permission to hunt on your farm. I get written permission that says "this person can hunt on headhunters farm" then I sell that peice of paper to someone else.

We all own public lands including wmas. If wma blinds are just going to the highest bidder, same as as private land, why is it publicly owned in the first place?

Dodge Man

I would assume the state is against it because they can not tax the money of the sale. I think other people are against it because they see the same people get the same blind every. Some people don't understand that Nothing in life is 100% fair.

Displaced_Vol

I haven't read all the old messages but I would imagine this is a real tricky thing to prove. Everybody knows it happens and I'm not at all suggesting it doesn't, but at the end of the day I think the only way to get real legal action is for one of the two parties to admit to it- doesn't seem likely as ol boy is counting his money.

hard county

I haven't read all the old messages but I would imagine this is a real tricky thing to prove. Everybody knows it happens and I'm not at all suggesting it doesn't, but at the end of the day I think the only way to get real legal action is for one of the two parties to admit to it- doesn't seem likely as ol boy is counting his money.
I'm fine with wmas being leased to the highest bidder if that's the direction twra wants our public lands to go, let twra take the money and conserve more wetlands to lease out to more people, or, knock some off our license fees. But the redneck lottery needs to end. People that don't even duck hunt put in for duck blinds so they can sell them. If it were any other area of our government we would all be in the political thread complaining. Blind draws and subsequent sale of those blinds are as good an example of government mismanagement as I am aware. Right up there with pakistani gender studies.

Honestly it is an objectively ludicrous system and I'm tired of paying for it.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
To be fair, a lot of the big groups of folks drawing have everyone they can find that buys a license, or they will buy a license for mom, grandma, Aunt Sally, Uncle Jesse, cousin Bob, and all their neighbors. Just to get an extra name in the hat. There may be 400 people in some of those groups, and only 30-40 actually intend on hunting. If one of the nonhunting folks draw, 7 people sign on that intend to hunt just for the blind card. Not much way to stop that gaming of the system, the computer draw may help it some because you have to form the party ahead of time, but I suspect not since the hunter buildable blinds are hopable. Just gotta make sure someone gets there early.

hard county

To be fair, a lot of the big groups of folks drawing have everyone they can find that buys a license, or they will buy a license for mom, grandma, Aunt Sally, Uncle Jesse, cousin Bob, and all their neighbors. Just to get an extra name in the hat. There may be 400 people in some of those groups, and only 30-40 actually intend on hunting. If one of the nonhunting folks draw, 7 people sign on that intend to hunt just for the blind card. Not much way to stop that gaming of the system, the computer draw may help it some because you have to form the party ahead of time, but I suspect not since the hunter buildable blinds are hopable. Just gotta make sure someone gets there early.
The Twra license number that drew the blind needs to be there every time it gets hunted. Seems pretty simple to me.

Dodge Man

The Twra license number that drew the blind needs to be there every time it gets hunted. Seems pretty simple to me.
That is just about impossible and totally defeats the point of having sign on for the blind. Some groups have plenty of people that will hunt every day but the odds that one if them is the guy that gets drawn is very low.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
The new computer draw doesn't permit sign-ons, right? Just your group of 5 when you first submit the application. You can bring other people, but one of the 5 has to be there.

Headhunter

Selling your blind? Nothing wrong with it. Selling the blind that belongs to state of tn taxpayers? In my opinion that's a violation.

What if I knock on your door and ask permission to hunt on your farm. I get written permission that says "this person can hunt on headhunters farm" then I sell that peice of paper to someone else.

We all own public lands including wmas. If wma blinds are just going to the highest bidder, same as as private land, why is it publicly owned in the first place?
Not a valid comparison to me. Not even close.

The blind is not going to the highest bidder, (well do need to cut out the buying of licenses of people who do not hunt and don't want to hunt just to have more chances to draw a blind), but whoever gets drawn in a fair drawing, then they can do what they want with that blind.

People guide for fishing on public waters all the time, going to cut that out? They are charging people to fish on public waters.

To me the duck blind, whoever draws it, can do what he wants with it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Not a valid comparison to me. Not even close.

The blind is not going to the highest bidder, (well do need to cut out the buying of licenses of people who do not hunt and don't want to hunt just to have more chances to draw a blind), but whoever gets drawn in a fair drawing, then they can do what they want with that blind.

People guide for fishing on public waters all the time, going to cut that out? They are charging people to fish on public waters.

To me the duck blind, whoever draws it, can do what he wants with it.
Yep!

Dodge Man

The new computer draw doesn't permit sign-ons, right? Just your group of 5 when you first submit the application. You can bring other people, but one of the 5 has to be there.
Technically 1 person is drawn and you already have your sign on people on the card. That is how I have seen it. Your not really getting drawn as a group.