Food Plots Seed Question and help?

RiverBuck10

So I attempted my first plot this year and of course it didn't come up! Well it did but then it died! So I got to reseed this past Saturday and it rained pretty good the next day but hasn't rained since! next chance of rain is this Monday which will be a 8 days with no rain!

Will the seed grow or do you think it didn't have enough rain to grow? Or will this next rain make it come out of the ground??

Thanks,
Heath

RiverBuck10

Man I thru out a mixture of seed! Can't even begin to tell you all the stuff!! 3 different kinds of bags of seed that had different stuff in them!! I know for sure winter pees, clover, chicory!!

drrxnupe

The clover and chicory are slow growers. You really won't see much until next spring...especially white clovers. If you want something to grown fast, you should plant wheat, oats, or rye grains.

RedDawg

Last rain on my place was September 4th. Have planted radishes, wheat, oats and clover since. Things hove popped up but without some rain I'm afraid that even if this stuff doesn't die it will at least be stunted and less than appealing when muzzleloader season starts. Just praying for that 20% over the weekend!

PcDeer

All of mine has come up wonderfully but lack of rain is really stunting its growth. My clover plots that I have maintained are nice and crunchy.

southernhunter

Same here . I had good looking plots but it's been 3 weeks without a drop. Same thing happened last year to me . September has proven to be a dry month here. Thinking about giving up on fall plots

BSK

I planted annual clover in my plots in mid-August (because I had the time and soil moisture was adequate), and planned to over-seed with wheat in late September. Well this dry spell has just about killed all the clover, and I don't see any indication of enough rain to plant the wheat. I may be seeding plots in late October if this dry weather keeps up. :(

Latest posts