Season long draw - what are the chances?

bluewinged46er

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the probability of drawing a moderately "in demand", middle TN WMA season long blind. We have 5 guys, all with 2 preference points, and a couple with 0 or 1. I know that it can vary based on demand, and the luck of the draw, but how long has it taken to draw a season long blind with preference points like ours? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
At one time there were preference points (it may have only been for the short-term hunts, but it's possible points were also awarded during the 2020 online drawing for season-long blinds; I cannot recall).

But wherever they came from under the former system, your preference points will have been transferred specifically to the mid-season Tier 2/Pool application:

"Existing Waterfowl priority points will all be applied to the Mid-Season application period. Points may not be moved to another application period nor be used on a season-long permit application."

Redfox

Points in the past life were for short draws (bagota, thorny, etc). Those were moved into the mid season for the current life/short draws. There have never been season long points. The odds are terrible but slightly better than the lottery. Hope this helps.

bluewinged46er

Points in the past life were for short draws (bagota, thorny, etc). Those were moved into the mid season for the current life/short draws. There have never been season long points. The odds are terrible but slightly better than the lottery. Hope this helps.

Appreciate the response. I guess we'll. Keep on rolling the dice.

TAFKAP

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the probability of drawing a moderately "in demand", middle TN WMA season long blind. We have 5 guys, all with 2 preference points, and a couple with 0 or 1. I know that it can vary based on demand, and the luck of the draw, but how long has it taken to draw a season long blind with preference points like ours? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Slim to none? Info I can provide is past experience only

mike243

You all go for it this year, I plan to retire next year and going to try to learn to duck hunt, got a lot of learning to do I suspect, reckon any window with a crank aint legal? :p

Latest posts