Sears Shotgun ?

Tiny

Have an old Sears Model 14 ,Single Shot Bolt Action,20 ga 2 3/4" chamber.

Anybody here know who made this for them and the parent model??

I can't find it listed anywhere in the cross reference list in my Blue Books.

I'am thinking Mossburg but ain't sure.

Thunderroost

many manufacturers made guns for sears, including Marlin, Winchester, Savage, Hi Standard, and Mossberg...the attached link is a pretty good cross reference of who made what....don't see your model on there though. Bolt action shotgun, most likely a mossberg i would say.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/CrossReference.aspx

you can buy some quality firearms cheap that are branded sears....I have a sears branded Savage Fox Model BSE SxS double barrel shotgun that I bought in great condition for only $230 a couple of years ago.

Tiny

Thunderroost

Thanks for info.

Never knew Hi.Std. to make a bolt shotgun but they did. Cross over to a Model 514.

Looks like some were recalled in the late '90's

WTM

there were quite a few JC HIGGINS brand shotguns produced. a quite a few years ago there was a recall on about all of them. the steel in the reciever was too soft causing the bolt to break and hit the shooter in the face. if its a JC Higgins i wouldnt shoot it.

i have one in a 12 ga that was shot a lot and broke the stock. it was a 1950 model and has a tube magazine.

Tiny

This one is a Sears not a J C Higgins.

What little I have followed up on it dosen't appear to be under the recall which was for the slightly different Model 10's.However I'am still checking on that as time allows and I think of it.

While it hasn't been fired in years and no plans to do so anytime soon I shot a ton through it as a kid,until I recieved a Ithaca 410 for my 7th birthday. Biggest issuie with the Sears is the reversed way the "Safety" works "Back" is the Fire pos. "Froward" is the "Safe" pos. One big reason I got the 410. :whistle: :blush: :D

I took it to the Gun Show this past weekend to see if anybody wanted it which they didn't,think they wanted a 16 ga as all four asked that first. I did find 3 others of this type, 1 single shot with the poly adjustable choke and 2 repeaters all had the same safety.

Latest posts