Scrape action

rem270

Getting a little scrape action. I love this time of year finding scrapes and moving cams over them. Loving the video mode too. You can tell so much more from a video than just a pic. First video is a double beam deer that I really hope makes it til next year.

BSK

That's why video is all I use now on my own property. I can determine so much more detail about a buck's rack from video compared to still images, especially at night.

BSK

I set a camera on over hanging limbs and get 1000 videos of limbs swinging in the wind.
How do you guys fix this problem?
Try to find overhanging limbs the sun doesn't shine directly on. Not always possible, but I specifically look for those. But I still get periods of time where I get some false triggers for each particular limb.

Ski

I set a camera on over hanging limbs and get 1000 videos of limbs swinging in the wind.
How do you guys fix this problem?

Try setting your sensitivity to the lowest setting possible. It'll still pick up deer but maybe not so many false triggers. I've got a couple Brownings that are HORRIBLE about false triggers. It's almost as annoying as cams that miss too much. For trails where deer just pass by I use higher sensitivity. For scrapes or mineral sites where deer will stop and linger a few seconds I use low sensitivity. Saves a lot of time at the computer when I have to go through cards.

Latest posts