Getting community scrape activity

Ski

No idea, but it does effect chasing. I only have one year of video data for a good acorn year and one year for a poor acorn year, but chasing started earlier in the good acorn year, even though the same peak dates of breeding could be seen in the data for both years.

Well this is a terrible acorn year in the places I hunt. And this season is proving to be a challenge.

BSK

Well this is a terrible acorn year in the places I hunt. And this season is proving to be a challenge.
Same here. And scraping behavior was the same as chasing. In fact, scraping behavior peaked in October in the good acorn year, while it didn't really get rolling until early November in the poor acorn year.

Ski

Same here. And scraping behavior was the same as chasing. In fact, scraping behavior peaked in October in the good acorn year, while it didn't really get rolling until early November in the poor acorn year.

I'll keep my eyes open, but so far scraping isn't happening hardly at all, especially in traditional scrapes.

JCDEERMAN

I have yet to see a scrape or a rub on our whole place. Granted, I haven't been on over half of it, but plan to do some intrusion this weekend. Will mostly wait until mid-end of next week, as that is usually prime time for our cruising activity. If I were a betting man, I'd say this last weather event got them on the move.

This will be an odd year, in that, when we see a buck, we likely won't know who in the heck he is. That does really excite me, but also worries me on a few with itchy trigger fingers

Ski

Counted over 12 scrapes around a 5 acre food plot today. One literally under a licking branch from the tree my ladder stand is in . Only saw some small rubs in this same area.

Consider yourself a lucky minority. One particular scrape in one of my oldest plots has been running every year for almost a decade until this year. It's yet to be opened up. Does and young bucks check out the licking branch, but no mature action yet.

deerhunter10

I've heard several saying wierd years for scrapes. Seeing normal activity this year. But we have a good acorn crop, not as good as last year but pretty good. The only thing out of the ordinary is daylight pictures on them. Behind the house a lot of daylight picture the last 7 days. One of our leases northwest of us, they are still hitting them very nocturnal. Pressure is extremely low on both. The difference in rut is usually 7 to 10 days apart on the 2 places to which is crazy only being 25ish miles apart. Deer density is my opinion as we are a lot lower at my house compared to the other lease.

Dumbluck

I finally had a 2 year old open a scrape on camera 11-2-22. The bucks had been scent checking it for several days. It is usually a community scrape active in early bow season every year, this year it just now got opened up.

BSK

Finally had a few of the traditional scrapes getting opened up, but still no new bucks in weeks. Buck activity is at an all-time low on my place so far.

Latest posts