Scout Guard Cameras

doubledownranch

Has anyone used Scout Guard trail cams? They seem to have decent reviews and they are reasonably priced. Any feedback I can get before I order a some of these things would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JCDEERMAN

I have 1 going on 2 years now. The battery life isnt the best and the cord remote is kind of a hassle. But for a "cheap" cam lasting 2 years, I am not complaining

8 POINTS OR BETTER

They are good cameras. I've run three of them the last three years with out any problem. The only thing I don't like about them is they only use a 2gb sd card.

doubledownranch

Thanks guys, I have had the worst luck with stupid trail cams working properly. I think it may be a curse. I'm just trying to figure out if I want to build one, buy a homebrew, buy a scout guard or if I am going to have to dish out the money and buy only 1 reconyx. Decisions, decisions.

BuckNrut

Keep in mind that the Scoutguard is now 2007 technology. They have been a really popular camera since then but have always been subject to some failure rate. I have started to hear from some that have had their SG cams start to fail after a few years in the field. They are not water tight like a Reconyx and I suspect this is mostly to blame for the failures after some time in the elements.

Reconyx cameras are built to last the long haul and if you ever have a problem with one the customer service is the best in the business.

Right now I am running a special on the Reconyx HC600 that gives you a free security enclosure, free camo python lock and a free 16GB SD card. If your a TNDeer member I will make sure you get 2 of the 16GB SD cards instead of one. Also free shipping. :)

Reconyx HC600

Homebrewer

I too have one since 07 with thousands of pictures. The off and on switch broke off in the cold about a month ago in the on position. still going strong. I will send it in for repair after the season...

Latest posts