scopes

1 good shot

Being older the fast Focus function on a scope is not an option I can do without I've been really pleased with minox and vortex they're almost as good as Zeiss I have a diamondback on a 8 millimeter Remington Magnum that I put about a hundred rounds through and it's doing great I've got a minor Z A5 HD on a 7mm STW that is stage set for about 5 years now I have Nikon prostaff buckmasters and monarchs but I've had no problems with I am leaning more and more to vortex

PillsburyDoughboy

1 good shot":7igs3jir said:
Being older the fast Focus function on a scope is not an option I can do without I've been really pleased with minox and vortex they're almost as good as Zeiss I have a diamondback on a 8 millimeter Remington Magnum that I put about a hundred rounds through and it's doing great I've got a minor Z A5 HD on a 7mm STW that is stage set for about 5 years now I have Nikon prostaff buckmasters and monarchs but I've had no problems with I am leaning more and more to vortex

Minox and Vortex both make varying degrees of scopes in varying degrees of price points . It's important to compare similar price points to similar price points . It does no good to say put a $1200 Vortex up against a $300 Zeiss. Of course the $$1200 Vortex is going to win that race .

But when you compare say a $300 Zeiss up against a $300 Vortex .. the difference clearly goes in favor of Zeiss . It's much better glass !

I agree Minox dollar for dollar is not far behind Zeiss . Both Minox and Zeiss are tightening up their warranty and making it harder in the end user to get warranty .

That's why I say Buy Leupold Buy once Buy right and get the best warranty and customer service in the business .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 good shot

Remington Magnum thatam leaning more and more to vortex[/quote]

Minox and Vortex both make varying degrees of scopes in varying degrees of price points . It's important to compare similar price points to similar price points . It does no good to say put a $1200 Vortex up against a $300 Zeiss. Of course the $$1200 Vortex is going to win that race .

But when you compare say a $300 Zeiss up against a $300 Vortex .. the difference clearly goes in favor of Zeiss . It's much better glass !

That's why I say Buy Leupold Buy once Buy right and get the best warranty and customer service in the business .

If they only had the fast focus
I simply cannot adjust Leopold to my eyes

Teacher

2-Step Enabled
Leupold scopes have been my go to scopes for the last 35 years. Not a single problem and I honestly could not tell you how many I own. My favorite is the VX 3, 3 x 9 x 40. Clearest scope I have ever looked through.

I also have a couple of Zeiss Conquests that do a great job. Very good scopes The shadows start to fall on you. I just don't like the reticle in the Zeiss.

Fireman 244

2-Step Enabled
Sightron! Poor man's nightforce! I really like them, lifetime warranty, great glass. Plus from what I've purchased from other scope companies, the best discount for military and LE.
I have Nightforce, Nikon, Burris, Minox, Bushnell, Vortex and Sightron. Sightron and Vortex, for the money you can't beat them. Good glass and warranties if you ever need it. Of course Nightforce is great but for the everyday Joe, Sightron and Vortex get my vote.

grouser

Had a 30 yr. Old Leupold, graduation gift, that fogged up and
they replaced it with an upgraded model, most of my rifles wear Leupold.

PillsburyDoughboy

Headhunter":39sgnxsg said:
I just have to say, possibly again, hard to beat Kahles.

Great scopes .

Years ago I could buy them at almost half of Swarovski price and I did .

Not so much now days .

Now days Leupold has the best value for the money !

THEdonkey0515

I got a Nikon prostaff on the 30-06 never had a problem with it have not felt the need to upgrade yet been on there a few years now.

I have a Bushnell trophy XLT on the somepole like it pretty well.

Bushnell has a money back guarantee & the customer service is pretty good Dad sent one back he had for a good long time they sent him a brand new scope with 0 problems & sent him a 40% off discount off anything he wanted to use it on off there website! Thought that was a good deal.

Bwales95

There will always be a different winner at each price point. I typically live in the $200 scope range. I've had a few Nikons (Buckmaster and P223) and Bushnell AR series. My 308 currently wears a Vortex Diamondback 3-9-40 and I couldn't be happier. My next scope will be a Vortex 1-4x24 with the v brite reticle for a marlin 30-30.

Rockhound

Bwales95":8waw8hmg said:
There will always be a different winner at each price point. I typically live in the $200 scope range. I've had a few Nikons (Buckmaster and P223) and Bushnell AR series. My 308 currently wears a Vortex Diamondback 3-9-40 and I couldn't be happier. My next scope will be a Vortex 1-4x24 with the v brite reticle for a marlin 30-30.

I have a 3x9x40 with the vbrite on my magnum research 22 mag and that thing is sweet.

PillsburyDoughboy

bulld":vw4ezqyv said:
cannot beat the original zeiss conquest for the money if you can find one used buy it

They are great scopes . Never heard of anyone having to send one back for warranty

shirtshirt

For the most part, any quality manufacturer mentioned previously is going to deliver a product that will allow you to place shots accurately (with practice). I like vortex (3-12x42 mounted on .30-06) because the glass is good, price point is competitive, and the warranty is great. But any of the previously mentioned brands would likely work well.

A good starting point is determine the magnification you're looking for then check out various brands and what they offer in that magnification.

Latest posts