scn...pertaining to hunter safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Belt

I've tried calling the number you gave me and all I get is an answering machine stating they'd be out of the office until Oct 22. I guess it takes a while to make it back to the phone, lol. The regional office was no help either. Any other suggestions?

Updated.....They said to use his hunting license number.

Biggun4214

There is no record of the hunter ed cards used now. Everything is tracked by TWRA ID now.

Andy S.

Biggun4214":1zwcy7s1 said:
There is no record of the hunter ed cards used now. Everything is tracked by TWRA ID now.
Good to know. For those of us who still have our original hunter safety certificate, and cards, with a unique number on it, are you saying they mean nothing from a legal TWRA perspective?

Biggun4214

The old cards are still valid.

Originally the records were kept on microfiche and your Hunter Ed number was your SSN. Licenses bought each year had a different number. With the REAL System we use now each person has a unique number assigned to them. The Hunter Ed card numbers issued now are not recorded, but new entries are assigned a number and it stays with the individual for life, same as a SSN. TWRA maintains historical Hunter Ed records and at your request it will be linked to your TWRA ID if it hasn't already. Hunters can even have out of state Hunter Ed added to their REAL account.

So if you took Hunter Ed years ago you can call a Regional Office and ask them to look it up and add it to your REAL account. Then if you need a duplicate card to show proof, one can be ordered thru the REAL System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts