SCI Convention

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I will reiterate what I have posted earlier. Go once in your life. Take pictures. Talk to everyone you want. Ask a million questions. See what you can't believe. Just once in your life. You'll thank me later. go early, stay late. pack your lunch and bring it. Bring a backpack for all the goodies you will bring home that are free. Engage in the greatest show on earth. understand this. in the rest of the world, the hunting community is what is keeping these animals from going extinct. It is the conservation, paid for by hunters, that allows many species to thrive and exist. Granted, there are some wealthy people involved. Some made it themselves, some were born into it. I am not begrudging any of that. What many of them do for game around the world is truly magnificent. Plus you will get to get your picture taken probably with people you know. Personally, my favorite person there, as a trapper from boyhood, is Tom Miranda.

Turkeychaser

I will reiterate what I have posted earlier. Go once in your life. Take pictures. Talk to everyone you want. Ask a million questions. See what you can't believe. Just once in your life. You'll thank me later. go early, stay late. pack your lunch and bring it. Bring a backpack for all the goodies you will bring home that are free. Engage in the greatest show on earth. understand this. in the rest of the world, the hunting community is what is keeping these animals from going extinct. It is the conservation, paid for by hunters, that allows many species to thrive and exist. Granted, there are some wealthy people involved. Some made it themselves, some were born into it. I am not begrudging any of that. What many of them do for game around the world is truly magnificent. Plus you will get to get your picture taken probably with people you know. Personally, my favorite person there, as a trapper from boyhood, is Tom Miranda.
That's my plan!

Headhunter

Dallas Safari club is 10 times the show the SCI is imo. they do 1,2,3,&4 day passes that start at like $25. The SCI is a good ole boys club these days especially. A good friend of mine bought a booth every year since he's been in business, celebrating 20yrs this year, and 2 years ago he told them a lot of stuff that would bet me banned here and walked out in the middle of the show leaving his booth empty. Along with 6 vendors in his area. They have done great things in the past but now i'm not so sure. There are some Great outfitter that attend though and it's ashamed the SCI charges so much. If you were half ass thinking about traveling the world hunting there is no better way to book a trip then sitting down face to face with the outfitter before making your choice. I've had vendor passes and paid my way passes and I have saved money buy hunts there that more than paid for the pass. This is probably last year they will be in Nashville I think for a while. as I believe they are going to Commie IL next year then back to reno or vegas. If I wanted to look this would be the best opportunity being at home. but like I said the DSC is better and twice as fun! haha. it's worth the 9-10hr wheel time.
SCI is coming back to Nashville for the next 10 years.

megalomaniac

Didn't even realize it was in Nashville....

No desire to go on a handholding expedition overseas... but I have a couple secret spots in mind for nonmonetized game I could make contacts with and possibly get an invite to visit to hunt solo. I'm setting my calendar for 2025!

Headhunter

Dallas Safari club is 10 times the show the SCI is imo. they do 1,2,3,&4 day passes that start at like $25. The SCI is a good ole boys club these days especially. A good friend of mine bought a booth every year since he's been in business, celebrating 20yrs this year, and 2 years ago he told them a lot of stuff that would bet me banned here and walked out in the middle of the show leaving his booth empty. Along with 6 vendors in his area. They have done great things in the past but now i'm not so sure. There are some Great outfitter that attend though and it's ashamed the SCI charges so much. If you were half ass thinking about traveling the world hunting there is no better way to book a trip then sitting down face to face with the outfitter before making your choice. I've had vendor passes and paid my way passes and I have saved money buy hunts there that more than paid for the pass. This is probably last year they will be in Nashville I think for a while. as I believe they are going to Commie IL next year then back to reno or vegas. If I wanted to look this would be the best opportunity being at home. but like I said the DSC is better and twice as fun! haha. it's worth the 9-10hr wheel time.
I would like to go to the DSC. As far as 10 times the show, not sure about that. Did a search and the DSC has approx. 900 exhibitors and SCI has approx. 850 exhibitors. I would not be surprised if DSC is better, but 10 times better? Maybe money wise, but at the price SCI charges it was still wall to wall people (and I do not like crowds) but even with the crowds, I sure enjoyed SCI the last 2 years.

Sniper

DSC is moving to Atlanta for the next couple years as the building they used in Texas is being renovated. I know when NWTF went to Atlanta that one year it sucked. The Atlanta venue was smaller and not easy to get in and out of. SCI will pick up a lot more people the next couple of years due to DSC being relocated.

JArender

DSC is moving to Atlanta for the next couple years as the building they used in Texas is being renovated. I know when NWTF went to Atlanta that one year it sucked. The Atlanta venue was smaller and not easy to get in and out of. SCI will pick up a lot more people the next couple of years due to DSC being relocate
Atlanta sucks period and will definitely hurt dsc some.

JArender

I would like to go to the DSC. As far as 10 times the show, not sure about that. Did a search and the DSC has approx. 900 exhibitors and SCI has approx. 850 exhibitors. I would not be surprised if DSC is better, but 10 times better? Maybe money wise, but at the price SCI charges it was still wall to wall people (and I do not like crowds) but even with the crowds, I sure enjoyed SCI the last 2 years.
10 times better as far as from a vendor's standpoint. It's almost the same from a sportsman's standpoint as you can view the same guns decor and most hunts and clothing and packs and glass This is jmo knowing some things the sci did to buddies and others the last year in Vegas and how it was handled by the powers that be. And for me Dallas is a ton more fun than Nashville. And I liked Vegas a lot more too. This personal opinion nothing more. I've been to both since the early. 2000s. I stopped going to the sci in Vegas. And I didn't go to Dallas this year and didn't miss anything in the end haha

Headhunter

10 times better as far as from a vendor's standpoint. It's almost the same from a sportsman's standpoint as you can view the same guns decor and most hunts and clothing and packs and glass This is jmo knowing some things the sci did to buddies and others the last year in Vegas and how it was handled by the powers that be. And for me Dallas is a ton more fun than Nashville. And I liked Vegas a lot more too. This personal opinion nothing more. I've been to both since the early. 2000s. I stopped going to the sci in Vegas. And I didn't go to Dallas this year and didn't miss anything in the end haha
A couple I know who "work" in the hunting or guns world said that SCI in Vegas had been going downhill for a while.
They said they loved Nashville and the show was better than it had been in a long time.

cleatus2506

Definitely worth checking out if just to see the taxidermy displays. Some of the coolest mounts of animals from all over the world I've ever seen in one place. The entrance fee is pretty steep, but for me, it was worth it!

Latest posts