SCI Convention

LanceS4803

I was all excited to go to the Safari Club International convention, held in Nashville this year. Wanted to check out the exhibitors and maybe find a Canadian bear hunt. That was until I saw prices.
1 day pass - $140
Are you freakin kidding me? Holy sh!t, it's true. They really are just for rich people.

Mr.Bro

SCI is in Nashville because Nashville is a tourist town. Out of state people will attend because it's Nashville. The hotels, the honky tonks? They don't want locals. They want the tourist money.
SCI doesn't want the average Tennessee hunter there.

JArender

Dallas Safari club is 10 times the show the SCI is imo. they do 1,2,3,&4 day passes that start at like $25. The SCI is a good ole boys club these days especially. A good friend of mine bought a booth every year since he's been in business, celebrating 20yrs this year, and 2 years ago he told them a lot of stuff that would bet me banned here and walked out in the middle of the show leaving his booth empty. Along with 6 vendors in his area. They have done great things in the past but now i'm not so sure. There are some Great outfitter that attend though and it's ashamed the SCI charges so much. If you were half ass thinking about traveling the world hunting there is no better way to book a trip then sitting down face to face with the outfitter before making your choice. I've had vendor passes and paid my way passes and I have saved money buy hunts there that more than paid for the pass. This is probably last year they will be in Nashville I think for a while. as I believe they are going to Commie IL next year then back to reno or vegas. If I wanted to look this would be the best opportunity being at home. but like I said the DSC is better and twice as fun! haha. it's worth the 9-10hr wheel time.

Kahrman

Dallas Safari club is 10 times the show the SCI is imo. they do 1,2,3,&4 day passes that start at like $25. The SCI is a good ole boys club these days especially. A good friend of mine bought a booth every year since he's been in business, celebrating 20yrs this year, and 2 years ago he told them a lot of stuff that would bet me banned here and walked out in the middle of the show leaving his booth empty. Along with 6 vendors in his area. They have done great things in the past but now i'm not so sure. There are some Great outfitter that attend though and it's ashamed the SCI charges so much. If you were half ass thinking about traveling the world hunting there is no better way to book a trip then sitting down face to face with the outfitter before making your choice. I've had vendor passes and paid my way passes and I have saved money buy hunts there that more than paid for the pass. This is probably last year they will be in Nashville I think for a while. as I believe they are going to Commie IL next year then back to reno or vegas. If I wanted to look this would be the best opportunity being at home. but like I said the DSC is better and twice as fun! haha. it's worth the 9-10hr wheel time.
I believe they are going to be in Nashville for the next 3 years.

JArender

I believe they are going to be in Nashville for the next 3 years.
may be???? I was going off what a SA PH told me. I asked him if he was coming to the sci in Nashville and he said no that IL would be his next and he see me next year haha. Maybe he's gonna come to Murfreesboro next year. He does a lot with Barrett Or did.

TNRifleman

I was all excited to go to the Safari Club International convention, held in Nashville this year. Wanted to check out the exhibitors and maybe find a Canadian bear hunt. That was until I saw prices.
1 day pass - $140
Are you freakin kidding me? Holy sh!t, it's true. They really are just for rich people.
You also have to be a member to even buy the $140 pass so I believe that takes it up over $200

I have been to Dallas Safari Club and the Western Hunt Expo. It's hard to believe that SCI would top either of those two. They are fantastic shows.

Snowwolfe

DSC show is really great! Went 3 times when I lived in downtown Dallas. The SCI show is bigger and better. Not by much but all the players are at SCI. Worth every dollar to go once in your life. Go early. Stay late. See things you will never see in your life.
Well stated. It has to be seen to be believed. I talked my brother into going with me awhile back and he loved it. The memories of the show will linger far longer than what it cost.
Don't pass up the opportunity to go while it is in Nashville. For many of us it is a short drive and no hotel is needed. Compare this with a flight to Vegas, hotels, food, etc.
Nashville is a win win.

LanceS4803

Well stated. It has to be seen to be believed. I talked my brother into going with me awhile back and he loved it. The memories of the show will linger far longer than what it cost.
Don't pass up the opportunity to go while it is in Nashville. For many of us it is a short drive and no hotel is needed. Compare this with a flight to Vegas, hotels, food, etc.
Nashville is a win win.
$240 for non-members is still a hard sell :(

Gravey

I got an email solicitation this morning, offer $50 discount to the show using code "TWRA"
Was gonna post this.
479FB2D4-AB64-4AF2-A520-6533EBEE8229.png

Latest posts