Sarah Fuller @ Vandy

wayne

I'm thinking a publicity stunt. Surely the punter had done some kicking in high school.

huntinkev

What kind of publicity stunt? What would be their goal?
Some sort of move to demasculate football, show the country that they don't see a difference between women and men. Before long Vandy will probably do away with specific genders, they will call everybody "it's" or some other noun besides male/female, he/she, him/her.

They want to make sure and show the world they are woke.

LanceS4803

I have absolutely no problem with a female football player.
BUT, in this instance, if you are going to be a kicker, you should be able to KICK!!
(And no, I don't believe that 30yd kick-off was intentional.)

wayne

I have absolutely no problem with a female football player.
BUT, in this instance, if you are going to be a kicker, you should be able to KICK!!
(And no, I don't believe that 30yd kick-off was intentional.)
She can kick a soccer ball 60 yards.

LY

They apparently weren't impressed with the kickers they had available and with Vandy not having a men's soccer team it kinda limited their options to give something else a shot.

LanceS4803

Since Saturday night, my fb feed has been FULL of sponsored stories about her. Continues today.
Someone is paying big bucks to buy those ads.

BamaProud

Yea, total publicity stunt. I got the impression that all of their kicker options were gone due to COVID, so as a last option they looked to this soccer gal. I didn't realize that they had a punter available and actually used said punter 7 times during the game. No one thinking logically truly thinks the punter couldn't have done as good of a job or better than Sarah. Derek Mason shamefully trying to save his job.

Latest posts