Sad Camping Trip

Double-D-Team

As most people who know us the Double-D-Team (Don & Dee), we spend most of our free time in the summer camping about every other weekend. This past weekend we were at the River Park Camp Ground on the Noliachucky River (I don't think I spelled it right) anyway we were letting the kid's (grandkids) play in the river with the dog and watched a man drown.

It was so said that it could have been avoided if he would have listened to people. First he was bad drunk and he got in over his head and got sweeped under like a rock. My son in law and I ran about 100 yards and climbed about 75 yards of rocks to where he went under and sad to say no sign of him. The divers found his body 15 feet down under the rocks.

I hate to say it but it was a great learning tool for my Grandkids to understand that the river can take you away quick.

I hate to see things that could have been avoided.

We will be off to the New River Camp Ground Aug 14th. We tried to make a rev. for Fall Creek Falls Park but still no one can make Rev.

Has anyone ever stayed at Fall Creek Falls Park?? If so let me know about it. Send a PM. Thanks...

DBLAARCHERY

This is sad...I Kayaked for 5 years and have been over big drops and waterfalls...The tallest was around 23'...When you are around water and play around water you learn real quick to respect its power...I have seen a lot of things around creeks and rivers paddling with inexperienced paddlers...I even had a good friend (a professional paddler for Daggar Boats) drowned under a log...

Sorry you had to experience that dbl D...People you have to respect water...It is a powerful source...