S40 Build with a Vivitar 3700 Slave - Foodplot Cam

FIREMANJIM

I have been testing a new Slave Flash control board. Well here is the prototype build I done for the testing. I used the biggest slave flash made. A Vivitar 3700 Slave Flash. This thing is getting 70' of USABLE FLASH DISTANCE!!!! This thing will be awesome on a foodplot!!! I used a Sony S40 camera for crystal clear pics. It has 4 C Cells powering the Slave and Slave control board. 2 C Cells for camera's external power. I used Snapshot Snipers new SSII board. It is super small and the single battery that runs it will last over a year. It has adjustable sensitivity and I am getting 70' of distance on the sensor when turned up on high. Well I just thought I would share this build with you guys. Jim
DSC00009-1.jpg

DSC00007-1.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

jmb4wd

Andy S. said:
Nice one Jim. I really like your creativeness when it comes to home brews, keep them coming.

I agree!! It is nice to see the work of someone so talented at something, and willing to try new stuff for customers and future ones!!

basset

Maybe a diffuser in front of the flash head to tone down that hot spot and give you a more even light... or a wireless slave off to one side to lighten up the far distance? Would hate to see one deer close to the camera get blown out and darken the background.

bigbassmann

Nice build Jim. Looks like my slave controller board is working pretty good with that 3700. I need to get busy on the A503 IR build that's waiting on me so I can put one of my slave boards to use with a 3700.

BSK

Well, with that powerful of a flash, at least you will have a lot of totally blind deer walking around come hunting season! :D

I can smell my retinas cooking just looking at those pictures!

Latest posts