Rut

Tn Joe

Most mature bucks have been locked down with receptive does for nearly 2 weeks here in Summer County. I'm expecting them to start having to look a little harder to find the next one. It ain't over yet!

Last edited:

ROVERBOY

It's been pretty slow here too. Saw a 2.5 yr. old 6 point Yesterday evening. Saw a doe and him again this morning. Also a shooter 8. Couldn't get a good shot though.

deer hunter 21

East edge of Canon Co and the rut on my place has been pretty much nothing, I seen 1 good buck following a doe 1st week of muzzleloader and nothing after that. No rutting action at all and have several cameras out as well. First time in over 20 years I haven't gotten a deer yet.

TRIGGER

I have seen 6 bucks this morning in Montgomery County. They have all been cruising with their nose to the ground.
Saw 5 yesterday afternoon on my other property in Montgomery County and they were nose down at a steady pace also.

Outdoor Enthusiast

Is the Rut over, or not started good yet? Just got to go this past weekend. Very disappointing.
In smith county, it's at the end of the peak breeding phase. I saw a buck locked down with a doe on the 11th which was the earliest real breeding activity I witnessed.

Since rifle opener daylight activity has really slowed down. Small bucks still chasing and pestering but does grouped back together. Seeing them in Late evening feeding patterns and night activity picked up on my trail cams.

philsanchez76

Saw a shooter buck chasing a doe at full speed yesterday at 4 pm in Davidson county. Seems like we are on the back end of the action but there should still be some does who will be coming in.

Latest posts