Rush

PillsburyDoughboy

Wait hold the phone. Your telling me that Nick Saban is using money that Bear Bryant set up in the 60's and 70's for recruiting?? Let me repeat that. From the 60s and 70s?? Was he that great that he took into consideration inflation and put up enough money to last 40 years and pay players at todays rates 40+ years later?

I don't discount that ALABAMA and ALL teams kick up money to players. It happens. But come on. Bear Bryant setting up a slush fund from the 60's and 70's is not passing the sniff test.

wayne

Wait hold the phone. Your telling me that Nick Saban is using money that Bear Bryant set up in the 60's and 70's for recruiting?? Let me repeat that. From the 60s and 70s?? Was he that great that he took into consideration inflation and put up enough money to last 40 years and pay players at todays rates 40+ years later?

I don't discount that ALABAMA and ALL teams kick up money to players. It happens. But come on. Bear Bryant setting up a slush fund from the 60's and 70's is not passing the sniff test.
System. The System was setup. Bear didn't sell enough Golden Flake potato chips for the money to last that long.
Wasn't there some kind of controversy several years ago about some players getting free suits from a shop all the way down in Mobile? Long way to go for just a suit.