Road System

boweye91

Well, the dozer work on mine and BowGuy84's property has started and the roads are beginning to take shape. These will help a lot with opening up the property, creating travel coridoors for deer, and providing access for us to areas that were previously to thick to walk through.
DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

JCDEERMAN

Thats awesome man! Make sure you get all them little stick-ups (roots) up or at least "dulled" down. New roads that we have made in the past, have made their fair share of flat tires. Them roads make things alot more convenient.

BowGuy84

This particular road opened up about 5 acres of cover and left room for a small food plot and created a 4 way intersection "funnel". The best part is this work is done by a neighbor who we leased oil rights to andhecalled to have us check it over andprovide feedback before he continued. Hope it keeps going this well and quickly. Under 2 mnths until bow opener!

Radar

The new roads will also open up some new deer travel routes through thick cover . I hunt an area where the landowner clears out roads through his select cutover ,and I see a bunch of deer in the new clearings within days of him clearing them out .
They seem to be attracted to the fresh clearings.

Latest posts