Rivers West Ambush jacket

swd

A good friend got me the Rivers West Ambush jacket for Christmas. I got out in it Friday afternoon and Saturday. It is awesome! I really like the lining. I was out Saturday morning in the high 20's with just a wicking layer and a medium weight base layer underneath it. Plenty of storage. The zipper vents under the arms came in handy for the Saturday afternoon hunt. It fits really well. I wear a large shirt and got this in large as well. Plenty of room underneath for a couple of base layers and a fleece or something.

It is supposed to be rain gear as well, but I have not had the opportunity to find out how it holds up in the rain.

The only bad thing is that now I have to buy the bibs. This is sure to be my new mid and late season go to apparel. I had been considering First Lite or Sitka, but now I can save a ton of money and have highly functional gear.

jhardy

I've been actually been looking for some new cold weather hunting gear. But can't pull the trigger on the sitka for first lite stuff. Outta my budget. I am undecided on this or the cabelas wooltamite line. How quiet is this stuff? What's the outside material made of?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

swd

The outside is 4.6 oz knit micro-fleece. As for noise level, I am also not sure. My orange vest is so loud, I cannot tell if the jacket is making any noise or not. I do know that the coating on my Vortex binos rubs on the jacket and makes quit a bit of noise. That seems to be the only area where there's a significant noise problem.

Latest posts