Rio grande hunt?

BuckAttack

I'm looking to possibly start my grand slam next year and looking at hunting the rio grande first. Does anybody have any recommendations for outfitters that they have had good luck with? Thanks

Bone Collector

I'm looking to possibly start my grand slam next year and looking at hunting the rio grande first. Does anybody have any recommendations for outfitters that they have had good luck with? Thanks
Good Luck, but doesn't FL season open first out of all of them? wouldn't you start with the Osceola?

Obviously I don't know of an outfitter, but that thought crossed my mind, so I asked. At least this will get you bumped back up top.

Huntaholic

A grand slam doesn't have to be taken in a single year to count. It can be over the course of several years. A little tidbit Im kinda proud of though, I did manage to take a double, single season grand slam once several years ago! As far as I know, that's the best anybody can do, since FL has a 2 bird limit and that's the ONLY place in the world to get an Osceola!

Bone Collector

A grand slam doesn't have to be taken in a single year to count. It can be over the course of several years. A little tidbit Im kinda proud of though, I did manage to take a double, single season grand slam once several years ago! As far as I know, that's the best anybody can do, since FL has a 2 bird limit and that's the ONLY place in the world to get an Osceola!
I kinda thought that was the case, but for some reason I kept telling myself has to be done in one season.

That is good to know, as I doubt I would ever be able to make the time to do it in one season.

Huntaholic

I have an acquaintance who did it last yr. said he could have bought a new silverado for what it cost him. But he he outfitted everything except the eastern
I didn't outfit or pay a guide a single red cent. Osceolas I killed with an old friend of mine that was on a HUGE lease in FL, Easterns were easy of course, Rios came from public ground in KS, and the merriams came from public land in northwest NE.