Right Now

bowriter

R.I.P.
Nope. He switched to the New Orleans Creole version. But he did do my copper penny roux and made the right trinity instead of a mariquax.

Now he is going to do a shrimp and merliton casserole. I am so hungry.

bowriter

R.I.P.
He doesn't either. We just do them the same way. He leaves the tails on, too. But his gumbo is cCreaole and mine is Cajun. I can't make bread pudding...well. I can, it just tastes terrible :)

JimFromTN

I hate it when they leave the tails on. My rule is if you are going to pick it up with your fingers, leave the tail on otherwise don't. I hate spitting tails and I'm not going to eat them. I was invited to the Fairview Plantation for a brunch buffet once and they had a really cheesy pasta dish with these huge jumbo shrimp in it. It looked so good. You could not really see the shrimp too well because of all the cheese and sauce. I went to eat it and took a bite and crunch. I just spit it into my napkin and got another plate of food without any of the shrimp linguiny or whatever it was.

Sorry for the rant. Its just one of my pet peeves.

bowriter

R.I.P.
You just have to learn how to spit tails. Doesn't require fingers, just an educated tongue. A true Cajun can spit a tail 30 feet and pour a beer at the same time. If youo can afford U-10 shrimp, you almost have to leave the tail on. But who can afford that?

Shut up Green Doe.

BTW- What the he11 have they done King Oscar sardines. I have fished with minnows larger than that.

green doe

bowriter said:
You just have to learn how to spit tails. Doesn't require fingers, just an educated tongue. A true Cajun can spit a tail 30 feet and pour a beer at the same time. If youo can afford U-10 shrimp, you almost have to leave the tail on. But who can afford that?

Shut up Green Doe.
I see "shut up" as a challenge! :D Why leave the tails on U-10 shrimp? Can't say as I ever cooked with U-10 shrimp. Hubby isn't crazy about shrimp so I can't in good conscience spend the money on just me.

I don't like when tails are left on, either. Unless I'm peeling the whole shrimp myself, it's just a mess. Now if I was eating outside, fine, because I can spit it out. But sitting at the dining room table, no one wants to see a pile of waste next to anyone's plate. Then again, when I eat chicken or steak or pork with a bone on, I get the meat off then throw away my bones right away. Guess I'm weird that way.

bowriter

R.I.P.
On u-10, you need something to hold on to. Deal is, the tail adds tremendous flavor. Twice what the body does. So you leave them on.

Latest posts