Resizing brass to new cal question

Tenntrapper

The only cals my daughter and I shoot now is 7/08. I have found a good deal on some Lapua brass...but it's .308 win. The 7/08 brass is almost double the price of the 308.

Is it better to size up or down(also found decent price on 260 brass)? I'm under the impression it would be better to use the 308.

Also, would you expect any performance difference by using 308 brass to load 7/08?

Aside from demand, is there any difference in 308 and 7/08 brass that would command such a price difference? Is it a heavier brass?

Thanks for any help

From a safety aspect, I would also think it better to use the 308 as opposed to 260...pretty sure firing a 7/08 round in a 308 won't cause much issue... safety wise.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I've resized 280 Rem to .270 Win just because I had some. No issues. Started doing it intentionally for differentiation between rifles/loads now.

you should be fine, but ensure that the neck thickness doesn't cause bullet tension and pressure issues before you load up a bunch. If you've never used Lapua brass before (great brass), the case capacity will likely be different than what you are currently using, and this alone will possibly require reworking your loads.

Latest posts