Removing primer pocket crimp

DaveB

chuck the cutting tool into a variable speed drill (this is where an el cheapo Harbor Freight drill press can shine).

Adjust the speed of the drill to slow.

It will require about 3-->5 seconds per piece of brass to pick it up, touch it against the rotating tool, set it down.

You will develop a system for using both hands and once you have the routine in place you can do all of them in a little over an hour.

Downsides:
Your hand will cramp.
You may drift off into dreamland only to be awakened by a sharp pain where the cutting tool gets your fingers or hand. Stay awake.
You will realize after decapping and swaging all those once fired brass you need to FL size.
When you try to seat a bullet you will see the brass is not chamfered and you are peeling copper off the bullet or collapsing the brass.
Back to the slow-speed drill, a chamfer tool, and dig in for another hour or so.

I did about 4,000 223.

brass magnet

Lyman Case Prep Center, large and small primer pocket cleaners and reamers,case neck brushes, and inside chamfer and outside case neck deburr tools included. 5 tools can run at once. I suspect,
you may have contracted BRD, if so, consider RCBS Charge Master, try to wait for Black Friday, good luck with that, you're welcome. :tu:

Pioneer1789

I use the rcbs military crimp cutting tool in my Hornady case prep trio. I process a lot of brass this way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hardwoodmaterials

I have the Frankfort Arsenal case trim and prep center but have seen a few reports of the FA and Lyman crimp remover bits not holding up. I believe I will try one of the RCBS removers since it will fit my FA prep center and is made so you cant cut out too deep. Does the RCBS chamfer the primer pocket or trim it off square?

Latest posts