Primer prices dropping

DaveTN

Not where I want them to be yet, but headed in the right direction...

Uw6tsu2.jpg

DaveTN

That's not a bad retail price right now. Wholesale on them is around $60 per 1000 if you are buying in lots of 5000.
Its not a bad price…. for right now. But with a hazmat fee, even if you get free shipping it is nearly $100. Maybe you know, and I don't, but I suspect wholesale is nowhere near that for the big boys. I suspect the manufacturers aren't the one screwing us; it's the retailers and those who are buying them up to sell as a 2nd job. But that's merely a WAG on my part. 🤣

nso123

Its not a bad price…. for right now. But with a hazmat fee, even if you get free shipping it is nearly $100. Maybe you know, and I don't, but I suspect wholesale is nowhere near that for the big boys. I suspect the manufacturers aren't the one screwing us; it's the retailers and those who are buying them up to sell as a 2nd job. But that's merely a WAG on my part. 🤣
That wouldn't be what places like Powder Valley and Midway are paying, but for any of your local shops the price is within a dollar or two, depending on the volume they move. Go back to 2020 and wholesale was less than $40 per 1000. The ones selling them now for $99 are trying to use the old business standard of a 50% markup. Given the current economy and situation with private debt, I don't think the 50% is a viable option.

ROVERBOY

I pick up a few hundred every time I find them at fair prices. I saw some a few days ago at Academy for $6.99 per 100 for CCI 500's.

Rockhound

I can attest that wholesale at this current time is 55-60 (depending on direct order or through distributor) regardless if your a big box dealer or not. Retailers generally have their ammo/primers marked up 25%

DaveTN

It's a buyers market on guns right now, sales are slowing as the cost of essentials (food, gas, electricity) are driven up and investments are down. Maybe the primer manufacturers are all caught up with using everything for ammo going to the Ukraine and have our inventory increasing? Of course something will probably come along to increase the demand again….it always does. 🙃

MUP

I don't know that an election will impact it as much this time. The communists are a known quantity for us, and household debt has gone through the roof. There probably won't be as many people with the ability to buy large quantities.
I know I won't be able to now. I am glad that I was able to stock up prior to this economic plummet. 8 years of Obamanomics taught me well.

DaveB

BPS Memphis off I-40, the old store--has got, hold on to your seat:

Federal

GM155M

primers.

I have not seen these in mebbe a decade. Don't know the price.

WHOOPs got the price

$120.00 per thousand. Practically gift priced

Latest posts