Remington 1100 16 Gauge vent rib

Jon

Like new early 70's Remington 1100 16 gauge with vent rib and improved cylinder. All original and has never been fired much. Been a safe queen most of it's life. These are rare as hen's teeth in this condition. The pictures do not do it any justice, the bluing on this gun is beautiful. Will consider trades on higher end 1911s. 1600.00. Text only 931-409-6478.1668973114306.png

Attachments

• 1668973129538.png
    1668973129538.png
    649.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 1668973204553.png
    1668973204553.png
    591.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 1668973233911.png
    1668973233911.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

rukiddin

To quote the great Ricky Bobby, "Holy moly, that's like looking up Yasmin's Bleeth's skirt"……………

Hey @7mm08 , I'll make a deal with you. Buy this beauty and I'll keep it at my house and love it and care for it…………….

7mm08

To quote the great Ricky Bobby, "Holy moly, that's like looking up Yasmin's Bleeth's skirt"……………

Hey @7mm08 , I'll make a deal with you. Buy this beauty and I'll keep it at my house and love it and care for it…………….
Ha!
Long story…… I grew up bird hunting in SW VA in the 60-70's. I saw one of those as a teenager and wanted one. I even wrote Remington AND they answered me when I asked them would they still continue to make a 16g? "Yes , of course."
I bought a new one for a $175 in the early 70's, 16g, IC, and vent rib just like this one. Worked my butt off at a grocery store starting at i think $1.45/ hour. sold it at a gun show in Knoxville in 1986 to a guy who said he needed a 16 to complete his collection. I know but we had just moved back to Knoxville and I needed some cash.
RUKiddin…….if you promise to keep it cleaned & oiled!!! Hmmm

Beautiful shotgun with lots of memories of English Setters and bird hunting every afternoon after high school or weekends riding down country roads in our 1946 (that's 46) SUV…….. a Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe. The dog bed was an old blanket in the trunk.

What a rare find. Good luck with your sale and thanks for stirring my old brain cells.

Last edited:

Jon

Ha!
Long story…… I grew up bird hunting in SW VA in the 60-70's. I saw one of those as a teenager and wanted one. I even wrote Remington AND they answered me when I asked them would they still continue to make a 16g? "Yes , of course."
I bought a new one for a $175 in the early 70's, 16g, IC, and vent rib just like this one. Worked my butt off at a grocery store starting at I sold it at a gun show in Knoxville in 1986 to a guy who said he needed a 16 to complete his collection. I know but we had just moved back to Knoxville and I needed some cash.
Man…… if you promise to keep it cleaned & oiled!!! Hmmm

Beautiful shotgun with lots of memories of English Setters and bird hunting every afternoon after high school or weekends riding down country roads in our 1946 (that's 46) SUV…….. a Plymouth Special Deluxe Coupe. The dog bed was an old blanket in the trunk.

What a rare find. Good luck with you sale and thanks for stirring my old brain cells.
Awesome story, thanks for sharing!

tpgarrett21

I had a buddy looking for this exact gun, I sent him a screen shot of it. we're in byrdstown so he might text you about it

Reactions: Jon

tickweed

Nice gun. I'm not knocking Remngton 1100s, but Frank Elliot, the best gun smith I've ever known, and many here will agree once told me the 1100s where a gunsmiths dream. He said they where nothing but a problem. Yet, I see them now bringing a top dollar. In this case, being a 16 must be where the value is. I owned several years ago, just dont care for a gas auto.

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Nice gun. I'm not knocking Remngton 1100s, but Frank Elliot, the best gun smith I've ever known, and many here will agree once told me the 1100s where a gunsmiths dream. He said they where nothing but a problem. Yet, I see them now bringing a top dollar. In this case, being a 16 must be where the value is. I owned several years ago, just dont care for a gas auto.
I'm not a semi auto man either, I prefer a pump shotgun. Different strokes for different folks.

Kimber45

1100's were the simplest semi-auto shotgun to repair that I've ever owned. Most often, folks who didn't look at how seals and O'rings came out caused the "problems" to begin with. The only thing I ever had against them was the same problem most semi autos had .. in the severely cold weather/rain/snow when duck hunting in the 70's. Frank is a great gunsmith but quick to complain about the stuff that's made him easy money. I personally know guys who've tried to kill 1100's over decades, and couldn't. Occasional seals and o'rings were a given though.

7mm08

You are writing your comment in English instead of German or Japanese because of gas auto. M1 Garand

tickweed

1100's were the simplest semi-auto shotgun to repair that I've ever owned. Most often, folks who didn't look at how seals and O'rings came out caused the "problems" to begin with. The only thing I ever had against them was the same problem most semi autos had .. in the severely cold weather/rain/snow when duck hunting in the 70's. Frank is a great gunsmith but quick to complain about the stuff that's made him easy money. I personally know guys who've tried to kill 1100's over decades, and couldn't. Occasional seals and o'rings were a given though.
I know Frank well. He told me this 25 yrs ago. He also doesnt like winchester model 12s. Which l love. Did you miss the part of my post about GAS autos? Yes, what you described are what many failed on
The components of the gas cycling system. Seems all older Remingtons , rifles or shotguns are bringing a top dollar today.
From a collection standpoint, as you shown on your post. A great gun for the price

Last edited:

Latest posts