Reflex sights

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I am planning on putting a reflex sight on whatever gun I end up buying…most likely either the Sig 365x or Glock 43x. Right now I'm really leaning towards the Holosun 507. As I understand it, I would need to get a plate for the Glock for the Holosun to fit, but not for the Sig. My preference is to get the Sig, partly since the Glock that is sight ready is hard to find, and partly I really like the Sig.

My question revolves around this: BassPro has the Sig 365X that comes with their Romeo Zero Elite sight, but I'm not sure about how good that sight is. The price of that combo is right at my dollar limit, but I'd have to save some more pennies for the Holosun. Does anyone have any experience with either of these sights, and what do you think of them?

Daniel n

I don't have any experience with that specific holosun. I have a 43x that is now my primary carry and I'm a huge fan of it. I do have a holosun but it's a 510c on a AR that I really like.
I was in the same boat as you when it came to the 365 and the 43x. (Minus optics ready). I ended up with the Glock. I liked the factory trigger a little better on the sig, but the Glock fit my hand a lot better.

scn

It sort of depends on just how much handgun shooting you have done. I recently saw a video from one of the main handgun training sites on the pros and cons of the reflex sight craze. The bottom line was that if you were a new shooter, a reflex sight probably would shorten your learning curve to accurate shooting. But, he also cautioned, that if you have put a lot of rounds downrange, that you more than likely would be quicker with iron sights.

I have gone with a ghost ring rear sight on my glocks. With aging eyes, it makes it a lot easier to shoot accurately for me. That, coupled with a colored night sight on the front solves a lot of problems.

These are the ones I ended up with. I think I prefer the orange outline version:

peytoncreekhunter

I am planning on putting a reflex sight on whatever gun I end up buying…most likely either the Sig 365x or Glock 43x. Right now I'm really leaning towards the Holosun 507. As I understand it, I would need to get a plate for the Glock for the Holosun to fit, but not for the Sig. My preference is to get the Sig, partly since the Glock that is sight ready is hard to find, and partly I really like the Sig.

My question revolves around this: BassPro has the Sig 365X that comes with their Romeo Zero Elite sight, but I'm not sure about how good that sight is. The price of that combo is right at my dollar limit, but I'd have to save some more pennies for the Holosun. Does anyone have any experience with either of these sights, and what do you think of them?

I have a glock g45 mos that I put a holosun 407k on with the provided plate from glock. It is a tack driver.

I also have a glock g48 mos with a holosun 407c that is mounted on a plate I bought off Amazon. It also is a tack driver.

Both sights are left on and are motion activated, the 407k has a solar strip on top that saves on the battery but does not recharge it. Mine are green dots, which I like over the red dots.

No complaints so far with the holosuns.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I don't have experience with either, but the Romeo Zero Elite is assembled in Oregon USA by a German company, the Holosun is made in China, if that makes any difference to you.
Yeah, since I posted this I found this out. I'll be looking at something besides the Holosun.

Latest posts