Reflections on my gear this fall.........

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I like to buy gear on sale and after the first of the year is usually the time to do it. In review of how the year went with my gear I guess I would love to find an orange fleece, windproof hunting jacket with lots of neat pockets and made out of a wool blend. A guy can dream can't he? The orange Remington jacket that I have used for years just sweats way too much in the arms in working big country and makes it uncomfortable.

I love my Danner high-top snake boots. Whether in a tree stand or just moving slow I like the fact they are warm and give me a sense of not having to worry where I step. For my money, Danner is hard to beat and pursuit style stalk hunting in the south-east will no doubt always have me in a pair of them.

I am 56 years old next week and my entire life always wanted a pair of Swarovski's........so this year I broke down and wish I would have bought them years and years ago. The light gathering cabability of them is hard to imagine if you've never used them. Wow, what difference a grand can make and with a lifetime warranty. If you are on the fence I would suggest you just do it.

FULLDRAWXX75

Hey CP,

Whats wrong with your Guide shirt from Cabela's............

I have two of them, I layer my clothes and use mine as an over shirt. I have a Cabela's windshear layer shirt that I put just under it to block the wind.

I haven't use my hunting coat in nearly 5 yrs now, I layer according to the temps and apply or remove layers as needed.

FDXX75

Latest posts