Red Head scopes,, at Bass pro??

Arrow Flinger

I have the same scope on my .17, and its a great scope for that gun. I beleive that Bushnell makes them for BP. I also have one on my TC Omega, but to be honest have never sighted it in. I think they are good for cheap scopes.

jakeway

I agree with Deer Assassin on some of the RedHEad scopes, but others are OK.

I needed a scope for a same-day hunt last muzzleloader season, due to a failure on my old shotgun scope, and I needed to get something they had at the store. Since it was an emergency, I didn't have any budget saved up, either. I bought the Redhead Epic 2-7X32 that looked exactly like the Bushnell model that sells for about $200. The RedHead was about $120. I bought it, quickly drove to the range, mounted it, and had it sighted in quite quickly.

I'm very pleased with it; clear fully multi-coated optics, perfect size and magnification for a blackpowder deer scope, and it was very steady and accurate through a range of adjustments. I also really like the quick focus eyepiece; sometimes it's tough to get a scope to focus properly at all ranges and power settings, so this little fine-adjustment comes in handy.

One deer owes its life to that scope; I was just about to squeeze off a shot, thinking it was a doe, but "she" turned her head slightly and the scope allowed me to see a couple short spikes between his ears.

I've only fired about 40 - 50 rounds with it since then, so I can't speak for durability.

I'd definately buy another for hunting around here, but if I was going on a once-in-a-lifetime elk hunt or African Safari, I'd get a Nikon Monarch or a Leupold VariX-III.