Rear tine tiller

Tenntrapper

Received mine Friday...I put it together yesterday afternoon. Took about 2 hours to get it out of the crate and together. I had to add engine oil, it came with it, and transmission oil, it didn't come with any. Fired on first pull and runs like a top. That thing will sure sling some dirt. Very well built.
Agreed, getting it out of the crate was the hard part. Jerry said he used a sawzall, and I actually thought about doing it that way. Probably would have been easier. I don't know why I had so much trouble getting mine started. Still need to fix the axle. It looked like mine took some pretty good hits, but the box was perfect. Don't know.

Tenntrapper

And another thing....I had watched some u-tube videos about it prior to it getting here. The videos showed an option to free-wheel it by changing locations of the pin that goes through axle. That isn't possible on mine...it's always locked. So...you have to drag it...or start it to move it.

Tn_Va_Hunter

Look what just arrived. My champion tiller. Guy told me he's delivered 170+

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpeg
    IMG_1815.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 46

Tenntrapper

Hey, can you post a close up pic of the valve cover? It looks pretty flat in the pic above. I just want to confirm.
Mine took an obvious hit. I know one of the wheel/axle assembly is bent. Also, my valve cover is recessed. Wondering if it could be interfering with rocker movement. Mine is a beotch to start...and that's not normal for those engines. The hit mine took had to be serious...even the frame it came in is bent to one side.
Thanks

Hey, can you post a close up pic of the valve cover? It looks pretty flat in the pic above. I just want to confirm.
Mine took an obvious hit. I know one of the wheel/axle assembly is bent. Also, my valve cover is recessed. Wondering if it could be interfering with rocker movement. Mine is a beotch to start...and that's not normal for those engines. The hit mine took had to be serious...even the frame it came in is bent to one side.
Thanks
I will when I get home from work this afternoon. 👍🏼

Thanks

EC87A415-C1A9-4C4A-ADAB-894642AAC323.jpeg

BE3644B7-C3A7-48FE-AE41-D4550E8B9363.jpeg

6E88965E-E6EC-49CF-B573-78B6C38D0B93.jpeg

The only issue I had was I guess they shipped it standing on end. Every bit of the gear oil ran out. Had to buy 4 quarts to refill it. It took about 10 times to pull start it the first time and it smoked up like crazy. I guess some of the oil ran into the carburetor because the foam filter was oily. I let it run for probably a half an hour and it seems fine now.

Last edited:

Tenntrapper

View attachment 194218

View attachment 194219

View attachment 194220

The only issue I had was I guess they shipped it standing on end. Every bit of the gear oil ran out. Had to buy 4 quarts to refill it. It took about 10 times to pull start it the first time and it smoked up like crazy. I guess some of the oil ran into the carburetor because the foam filter was oily. I let it run for probably a half an hour and it seems fine now.
Yep, mine is caved in. Something else to fix...grrr
IMG_20230906_182021.jpg
IMG_20230906_182035.jpg

Tenntrapper

I'd be on the phone with Home Depot!
Don't know if you seen the thread where I was trying to get it out of the metal frame and put it together, but.... It was awful. It must have taken a serious hit from something. Even that frame was bent on an angle...like to have never got it out. And one wheel/axle assembly is bent pretty bad. Things I can fix without taking it back. I probably should show it to my neighbor...he's the GM at our local HD. I'm sure he had nothing to do with it, as they were all drop shipped. Probably still a good idea to let him know.

redblood

Mine was delivered yesterday. I will
Leave it in crAte till next spring

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/71/01/CE51AD4B-D0DF-4EFA-8835-F0B6955A97FB/71563290193__8D5FC148-21B8-47CD-B09E-8A7327525B63.HEIC

MUP

Don't know if you seen the thread where I was trying to get it out of the metal frame and put it together, but.... It was awful. It must have taken a serious hit from something. Even that frame was bent on an angle...like to have never got it out. And one wheel/axle assembly is bent pretty bad. Things I can fix without taking it back. I probably should show it to my neighbor...he's the GM at our local HD. I'm sure he had nothing to do with it, as they were all drop shipped. Probably still a good idea to let him know.
Emphasis on DROP!

waterman

View attachment 194218

View attachment 194219

View attachment 194220

same happened to mine. i contacted home depot and they gave me another 15% off. just about enough to buy the new gear oil. still have a spot on my driveway

Latest posts