Re-introduction

TboneD

Morning, gentlemen.

Long time member, but been quite a while since I posted much. I'm just gonna be real. I want to be transparent but keep this short and unedited because I can be bad about taking up too much time on social media. That's why I backed away from it a couple years ago or so ago when things were getting crazy.

Anyhow, I'm 55 and don't have too many close friends nowadays. My hunting buddy, Chris Wilson, posts here, though, and I'm very thankful for him. He's my only regular hunting partner since my son's motorcycle accident last May. (If y'all see me trying to sell some stuff, that's partly the reason why.) It's been hard but God has been good. Don't know what we'd have done without the Good Lord.

My wife and I are houseparents to seven developmentally challenged men in a family-style group home ministry, so you might imagine that the pandemic wasn't any more fun for us than most. Our board and director wouldn't let us all go to church for 13 months but like I said, God has brought us through it all and we give Him all the glory and praise. One amazing thing is that none of our men ever once got sick with the virus or anything else, really, even after my wife and I finally getting Covid at Christmas last year.

I didn't bow hunt last year, but like my hunting buddy, I'm looking forward to soon taking a crossbow to the woods. I look forward to future interactions and maybe meeting a few of y'all. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Blessings in Christ,
Dave

TboneD

Glad to hear you are back! And it is amazing work your wife and you do!privilege that all too many will never know
Glad to hear you are back! And it is amazing work your wife and you do!
Thank you both. We count knowing these special men as a privilege all too many will never know. Couldn't do it without the good Lord or my better half because those two are the ones I'll reserve the word "amazing" for. Y'all's kind words are much appreciated.

Blessings,
Dave

Friday

2-Step Enabled
Welcome back!
That is amazing, fulfilling work for sure. Glad to hear everyone is healthy and doing well. Hope you're able to get out and bow hunt this year.

Latest posts